Notices

Feels like the rev limiter!?

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2007, 08:16 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feels like the rev limiter!?

Ive just noticed ( as the missus has been using the car for the last few months as I now use a works pickup daily) that when I accelerate harder than normal driving requires , as soon as I get to around 3750 to 4000 rpm, the car misses/feels like the rev limiter cuts in ( but its not quite as harsh as the rev limiter feels).
If you hold it in gear and increse the revs slowly, it will pull through this, but occasionaly ' miss' still.

I only ever notice it, as ' her indoors' drives slowly everywhere, as shes normaly ferrying the kids around, whereas I tend to drive slightly quicker than her.

Ive had a new set of leads fitted as the mechanic in our local garage thought that maybe a lead was breaking down under load, but this was not the problem.
Before I go buying coilpacks/sensors etc etc, I thought it best to ask the advice of someone in the know on here.
My car is a MY 2000, UK 2000 turbo, no modifications except for a Bailey dump valve and a Scoobysport, from the cat back, exhaust system.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24 July 2007, 08:20 PM
little rick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had exactly the same sort of problem when my MAF went - same model as yours

If you do a search on here for it you'll find loads of info on the 'chocolate MAF' - but the short of it is get it changed ASAP if thats what it turns out to be