MY98 Legacy GTB Intermittant cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2007, 12:01 AM
GTBKing
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY98 Legacy GTB Intermittant cutting out

Hi guys,
I need some help here had my GTB serviced last week since then it has been running at only 700-800 RPM on a cold start and only about 500 RPM once at operating temp.

It cut out on me a couple of days ago in the morning from cold but fired up second time no problem.

The next day cut out at traffic lights and again fired up no probs. Today however cut out at a roundabout and would not start for about 5mins. It cut out 3-4 more times at idle so I adjusted the idle to see if this helped and it seamed to until I tried to pull away again and I got half way round the roundabout in second gear lost all power and the revs slowly dropped until it cut out again.

I am guessing it could be a possible crank sensor or fuel pump failure. Was stuck next to motorway so could not here anything at all when trying to listern to fuel pump will check that first tommorrow.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated cheers
Old 26 July 2007, 09:53 PM
GTBKing
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys can't believe not one person has replied I can hear the fuel pump sounds normal so I'm guessing it may be the crank sensor or poss one of the other many sensors. Tried using the engine warning light diagnosis test but it did not register any faults at all guessing this is because it is intermittant.

Some one must have had a similar problem out there even if it was in an Impreza my car still uses the EJ20 engine it is just the EJ20R so the only difference is mine has Twin sequential Turbos.

Please help any guesses or poss tests I can run let me know cos I'm having to use public transport again and it's doing my head in