Notices

problem with 96 sti ra

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2007, 07:31 AM
wallopadonkey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with 96 sti ra

hi there everyone when i smoothly accelerate in the car it is fine however when i nail it it revs well then it's boost guage goes to 1.25 kg/cm then it cuts / stutters for a second or 2 then goes again any ideas
it has a standard exhaust arc induction kit and arc bov it is the red top engine and has done 70 odd thousand miles it has come in from japan earlier this year.
if it is a case of getting a remap or something can someone recommend a good tuner in the north west (i am in north wales) but manchester lverpool not too far away
cheers
dave
Old 28 August 2007, 08:37 AM
Scooby Senior

Sounds like it needs a restrictor in bottom pipe of the boost control solenoid pipework or a remap as it is overshooting the boost and hitting fuel cut. you could by a fuel cut defender, but Ideally you need to know what the air/fuel ratio is and make sure you have no detonation. What ECU is it running? is it standard or has it got a chip in it? (it's located in the passenger footwell behind a metal plate)
Old 28 August 2007, 06:32 PM
wallopadonkey
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the reply what will the chip look like will it be obvious?
a lad at work said to disconnect the ecu for 24 hours to clear its memory as he said it will learn when it gets power again?
sounds a bit fishy to me but i dont really know as this is my first subaru and first turbocharged car
thanks dave
Old 28 August 2007, 06:55 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

disconnecting the battery will drain the capacitors in the ecu or have a look at Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Scoobypedia browse for a different method
Old 29 August 2007, 05:51 PM
wallopadonkey
Scooby Newbie

ta m8