Notices

A Couple Of DIY Mods I'm Thinking Of Doing. Advise Please.

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2007, 09:14 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A Couple Of DIY Mods I'm Thinking Of Doing. Advise Please.

I'm thinking of doing a couple of cheap modifications to my car that will probably help but this is why I'm asking the questions.

1. Removing the resinator box out of the inner wing and either pipe the existing cold air duct directly to the airbox or just letting the airbox feed directly from the inner wing void (should be cold air in there).

2. Removing the crankcase and camcover breather from the intake system and running them through a oil catch can then vent to atmosphere.

3. Removing the water pipes from the throttle body and jsut connecting them together to remove the heat from the throttle body keeping the air colder.

Has anybody done any of the above and what are the down side and/or what improvements were noticed?

I'm getting the car mapped at the end of the month and I'd like to do this, if I'm going to, before I get it done so the changes can be mapped in.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01 September 2007, 09:37 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having done all but the throttle body water mod, all will benefit the car, but the engine breather mod is very effective at stopping oil mist getting into the inlet and filling the TMIC so keeping the air clean that mixes with the petrol.
This keeps the octane rating 'pure'.

Remember to open up the air scoop in the plastic sheeting under the wing to allow as much cold air to the inner wing.
Remember also not to drive into flood water either as the water will fill the inner wing......

Last edited by 911; 01 September 2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01 September 2007, 10:07 PM
Northern Nick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I wanted to hear, thank

I know the throttle body mod works for the GT4's with no side effects so I'll give that a go and see what happens.

Cheers