Notices

uk classic ppp spec?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2007, 10:35 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uk classic ppp spec?

Looking at a classic w plate impreza with pro perf pack on it,the owner is unsure what has been changed,he showed me a card from prodrive,that said the package was fitted from new,the card say wr sport on it.Would this be the same kit as fitted to rb5 wr sport engines,i gather it would be ecu, downpipe,backbox.It does have prodrive hoses under the bonnet,any ideas on the spec/performance figures..cheers...
Old 03 September 2007, 12:24 PM
MartinW
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP on a classic

Hi Andrew, I've got the classic PPP brochure somewhere, off the top of my head it's different induction piping, new downpipe and turbo-back zaust system with sports cats, ecu remap. It's the same spec engine wise as an RB5, which also had different trim etc. Power IIRC is around 250bhp. If that sounds like not much improvement over stock, torque gets a goodly hike over standard and you'll certainly notice the difference over a non-PPP car.

Official Accessories, Merchandise & Parts - Accessories | Subaru (UK) Ltd.
is the current accessories link, and although it shows a PPP for classics they've got the model years screwed up slightly. It does list the PPP under 'WR Sport' though.
Old 04 September 2007, 05:05 PM
Eprom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Andrew
It consists of prodrive/samco intercooler pipe work, removal of centre cat, Prodrive backbox, different ECU running about 1.1 Bar. Power quoted about 246BHP and about the same torque.