Advice on STI MY07 cat pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2007, 12:48 PM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on STI MY07 cat pipe.

Hi there.

I've just picked up a new MY07 STI and have put an Afterburner Vortex box, centre section and cat pipe (not turbo) on the car. Having a bit of a DOH! moment, I realised that I may have made a slight misjudgment about the cat pipe.

My previous scooby was a MY03 STI with PPP. I had Afterburner pipes on that car too. Now, the PPP scooby did have a cat pipe originally, but it was empty (as per the PPP package).

Now, my worry is that with the MY07 I will eventually get the CEL come on telling me about emissions being over the limit?

If so, then I guess I will just jave to put the original cat pipe back on the car. Is there any word on a PPP package for the MY07 STI yet?

Cheers.
Jas.
Old 03 September 2007, 03:35 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Not much help here regarding your questions but I also have a MY07 STi and have just purchased an Afterburner Vortex Backbox and the Afterburner Hi-Flow Performance Silenced Centre Section. Getting them fitted tomorrow hopefully at Revolution, am looking forward to how it sounds as I've heard some good reports.

Whats your views on the sound on start up and across the rev range etc?
How loud do you find your set up on a scale of 1-10, 10 being loudest/insane?
Also do you have the straigh through centre section or the silenced centre section?

Also due to the rear diffuser set up on the 07 STi are you disappointed that you couldn't have the angled exit box instead of the straight exit box? Personally I prefer the straight exit.

Did you notice any decent power gains with your set up?

I read on here recently that some bloke managed 292/320 with his turbo back system on his MY07 STi.

G
Old 03 September 2007, 03:49 PM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Hi there.

Cheers for the reply.

As for the sound, it's well loud from my point of view. About a 8-9/10 - but I don't have the silenced version of the centre section though, so I don't know how loud it will be for you.

I'm not fussed about the angled backbox - I prefer the straight version myself. As for power, it does open up a bit more when you accelerate, but it will vary for each car to be honest, but you should notice some gain. I can notice a difference in my STI from it.

Jas.
Old 03 September 2007, 06:15 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Nice one, thanks for that Jas!

With the silencer it should take it down a few notches then, amybe around a 7/10 on that scale.

With working a shift pattern I'd wake everyone up with the loud set up I think, although it does souynd good!

Have you done anything else to your STi?

Got any further plans for what you want to do?

Cheers

G
Old 04 September 2007, 06:05 PM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Hi again.

Driving at night can be a bit of an issue for me - I have to try and drive it as quietly as possible when parking up outside the house, makes a real racket otherwsie Don't want to upset the neighbours!

As for mods, I won't be doing anything to the car, though I did call my local Subaru dealership who stated that there is a PPP package for the MY07 STI. So, looks like I'm going to start saving for that one.

Jas.
Old 04 September 2007, 06:31 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Got my system fitted and bloody hell!!!

The sound is amazing, exactly what I was after!!

The rumble on tick over makes me smile and I actually laugh when I press on the gas. Even upto 2K revs sounds the business!!

I'm a very happy man!!

G
Old 05 September 2007, 08:47 AM
MrClyfar
Scooby Regular

Glad to hear you're chuffed with the result. Yup, the tick-over noise is veru satisfying

Sounds the business.

Have fun!

Jas.