ok advice please

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2007, 08:09 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok advice please

advice on this bits on the s reg classic impreza

ok the dump valve is not on properly when i put it on it sounds like a bloody duck so i think it is the wrong one as it is not the same shape as i was shown by kevin at falkland performance any ideas if i am right or just thick

on the bottom right handside of the top intercooler i have a plugged pipe any idea as what it is and why it is plugged
cheers guys
Old 09 September 2007, 08:18 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barry wemyss
advice on this bits on the s reg classic impreza

ok the dump valve is not on properly when i put it on it sounds like a bloody duck so i think it is the wrong one as it is not the same shape as i was shown by kevin at falkland performance any ideas if i am right or just thick

on the bottom right handside of the top intercooler i have a plugged pipe any idea as what it is and why it is plugged
cheers guys
the plugged pipe looks like the original pipe from when it had a recirc valve fitted,is the other end connected to the intake pipe by turbo?

looking at the picture i would say the dump valve is wrong,try looking on some subaru parts websites or ebay to see if you can get a picture of a classic dump valve to compare what they look like
Old 09 September 2007, 08:25 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

cheers mate
the pipe is connected to something just under the intercooler you can just make out the jubalee clip in the picture what is the recirc valve for and is it needed
Old 09 September 2007, 08:35 PM
cdfracing
Scooby Regular

Looks like you have the wrong dump valve for your model from those photos but i maybe wrong , There are two type's of flanges on the dump valves and it looks like you have a newage one . If you post a better pic I can say for sure.

The plug needs to stay in the pipe

chris
Old 09 September 2007, 08:42 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

the dump valve is not diamond shaped (if this helps) i will put a better pic up tommorow when it is daylight to take picture
Old 09 September 2007, 10:01 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

classic is a diamond shape, and the newage ones are a triangle shape
Old 09 September 2007, 10:08 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaOne
classic is a diamond shape, and the newage ones are a triangle shape
i think it is new age but will get better picture tomorow and then look for a new d/v i think
Old 10 September 2007, 07:55 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

here is a better pic of the dump valve which i think it is the wrong one and it is the best picture i can get you can see where it is supposed to be i think up the top right corner slight difrence in the colour area

Last edited by barry wemyss; 10 September 2007 at 07:57 PM. Reason: more info added
Old 10 September 2007, 09:38 PM
woody1980
Scooby Regular

cant really see in the pic. but... i take it one bolt is through the dump valve and the other isnt yes? is the dump valve loose? if you pull on it slightly but firmly then does it come off? if so then its no good as it will be leaking air. hopefully its been fitted another way somehow so its not loose. this may be your duck problem though as if its not fitted correctly then it will making all kinds of wooshing and whirling noises.

the plugged pipe is for a recirc dump valve. the standard dump valve releases the air back into the air intake so it is reused again.
Old 10 September 2007, 09:58 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barry wemyss
cheers mate
the pipe is connected to something just under the intercooler you can just make out the jubalee clip in the picture what is the recirc valve for and is it needed
a recirc valve basically does the same job as a dump valve but instead of dumping boost to atmosphere it is put back in to the intake.
Old 11 September 2007, 06:55 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by woody1980
cant really see in the pic. but... i take it one bolt is through the dump valve and the other isnt yes? is the dump valve loose? if you pull on it slightly but firmly then does it come off? if so then its no good as it will be leaking air. hopefully its been fitted another way somehow so its not loose. this may be your duck problem though as if its not fitted correctly then it will making all kinds of wooshing and whirling noises.

the plugged pipe is for a recirc dump valve. the standard dump valve releases the air back into the air intake so it is reused again.
no the d/v is tight the way it is but if i put the other bolt on like it should be it is quacky lol so it is one bolt in the other not so i think the answer is a new d/v and fitted by pro

cheers guys
Old 11 September 2007, 06:58 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

and also when you put the accelarator down and then up it has a wee whoosh not like when you change gear is this normal
Old 11 September 2007, 07:05 PM
woody1980
Scooby Regular

yeah thats normal depending on how quickly you pull your foot up. its not the changing gear that makes the woosh its taking your foot off the pedal. as normal you pull your foot right off the pedal when changing gear. so your get one big dump noise. when taking your foot off while driving you probably not taking it straight off quickly so it lets some air out but not all and will slowly let air out as your foot is still 20% on the pedal so it reduce pressure down to run at that speed.

try driving and taking your foot straight off and it will be one big woosh, then ease off but not take it off and you get the wee wooshh noises.
Old 11 September 2007, 07:15 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

cheers woody