Notices

Downpipe wrapping question (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2007, 03:23 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Downpipe wrapping question (with pics)

Hey guys, yeah it's me again, the dumb *** who couldn't figure out how to use the stainless steel ties from yesterday lol. So I've figured it out now, but just wanted ur opinions on a few things pleeeaaaasssseeee ......

Okay, here's a pic of the whole thing......

Ignore the fact I haven't cut the end of the ties off yet lol. It kinda looks alright I think, but I'm not happy with a few bits. Okay, first of all, I started just after the hole where the oxygen sensor goes, cuz it was SO fiddly to try and get a neat start on that fat sloped bit right at the top.......

I just thought if needed, I can always do the top bit with a left over bit of wrap at the end like. Would you guys bother covering that bit? Or shall I just leave it how it is? Not sure how everyone else does it. Also, the bit where the sports cat is was a bloody pain in the absolute ****!!! Was hard to get a nice even coverage whilst keeping the 1/4" overlap on the wrap, while going round a bloody bend aswell! So yeah, I ended up with this.......

There's a few bits that are kinda loose. They only LOOK loose tho, they aren't gonna go anywhere I don't think. Is this gonna cause a problem do ya think? Will wind get in there and try and lift 'em up sorta thing? I know that wrapping isn't for looks purposes and it isn't meant to be a work of art, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and kinda thought I'd be able to do it better than that lol. But if you guys say it's gonna be alright then I'm happy
Old 24 September 2007, 06:41 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nevermind, have decided for meself. Cheers for all ur help lol