Notices

2nd decat pipe of ebay

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2007, 03:17 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd decat pipe of ebay

Is it worth getting somthing like this? is this just a waste of money?, looks like it has a plug for O2 sensor, would fitting this set off the CEL, i have blob eye wrx with ppp, want the car to be a bit louder but maybe get a wee bit of extra power out of it and this is a start to go with other stuff. also thinkin about a sports cat down pipe but dont have the money for it yet so was looking at this cheaper option to keep me going and remap when got al the mods i want.
SUBARU IMPREZA NEW AGE WRX STi DE CAT EXHAUST DECAT - eBay Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 30-Sep-07 23:00:57 BST)

thanx for any input.
Old 30 September 2007, 03:38 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pinchers
Is it worth getting somthing like this? is this just a waste of money?, looks like it has a plug for O2 sensor, would fitting this set off the CEL, i have blob eye wrx with ppp, want the car to be a bit louder but maybe get a wee bit of extra power out of it and this is a start to go with other stuff. also thinkin about a sports cat down pipe but dont have the money for it yet so was looking at this cheaper option to keep me going and remap when got al the mods i want.
SUBARU IMPREZA NEW AGE WRX STi DE CAT EXHAUST DECAT - eBay Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 30-Sep-07 23:00:57 BST)

thanx for any input.
personally i would get a straight through pipe from the down pipe cat to back box.it will take the 3rd cat and the resonated centre section out and give a bit more noise,also will fit straight to a sport cat if you get one in the future.
i think the same seller 2fast2cool does them.
i dont think you will get a cel by removing the 3rd cat so long as the downpipe one is retained
Old 30 September 2007, 03:47 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

i have blob eye wrx with ppp,

thanx for any input.[/QUOTE]

just a thought but with ppp dont they remove the 3rd cat and fit sport cat anyway?
Old 30 September 2007, 03:53 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

I dont really know, only had the car a few weeks and still reading up on it on the forums, so if it does have a sports cat there what can i do to exahsut then to get a bit extra out of it and a louder noise, what part would be best to change if any. saw ur car and u have the autobahn88 fmic, did u need to cut the front bumper to get this to fit, was it alot of hassle to get it in? did it make a big difference in power.
thanx again
Old 30 September 2007, 03:56 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

Does the centre section only have a silencer in it, would changing this for a straight pipe make any difference?
Old 30 September 2007, 03:59 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

I dont really know, only had the car a few weeks and still reading up on it on the forums, so if it does have a sports cat there what can i do to exahsut then to get a bit extra out of it and a louder noise, what part would be best to change if any. saw ur car and u have the autobahn88 fmic, did u need to cut the front bumper to get this to fit, was it alot of hassle to get it in? did it make a big difference in power.
thanx again

yes bumper does need cutting, but was not too bad to fit it took me a couple of days with a cast on my arm ,dont know about power yet as not getting mapped until wednesday.
to be honest mate you are better getting an sti8 tmic i think they are good for up to 400hp,i got the front mount because at the time it was cheaper than an sti top mount
Old 30 September 2007, 04:01 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Does the centre section only have a silencer in it, would changing this for a straight pipe make any difference?
yes the centre section is resonated to make it a bit quiter,if you get a deresonated one it will increase the scooby burble
Old 30 September 2007, 04:01 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

yeah thats what i have been thinkin about, gonna go for sti tmic just gotta source one.
Old 30 September 2007, 04:03 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ive got a bugeye wrx and ive just removed the centre section and replaced it with a de resonated pipe. it has made a difference to the noise yeah, it has a better roar when accelerating now. im also looking at replacing the second cat pipe to. ive spoke to the guys at roger clarke and he said it will make a slight improvement and you wont require a remap
Old 30 September 2007, 04:10 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

the wrx ppp doesn't remove any of the cats thats only on the sti. to just remove the cat pipe more than likely with keeping the oe downpipe it wont put on cel but if it does there's easy fixes to put you on while you get remap.
to increase noise de resonate is the way to go but the downpipe makes the biggest differance i.e decat
Old 30 September 2007, 05:07 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

The WRX ppp removes the third cat mate. just leaves the one in the
up pipe and downpipe. you should already have this pipe fitted.

Lee
Old 30 September 2007, 05:53 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

so if i want to keep the prodrive back box but want it a bit louder what would be best to change
Old 30 September 2007, 06:30 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

The section from the backbox to the de-cat pipe. the one you have has got a silencer in it.

Lee
Old 30 September 2007, 06:34 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

yeah that what i was thinkin, scooby world do one for about 90 bucks without the resinator, was gonna go for that, just keep hearing different stuff from different ppl :-s do u know if u get any sortta discount if u mention ur a member of this forum of scoobyworld :-s