Notices

plz help,over heating

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2007, 09:05 PM
thorpe19830
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plz help,over heating

my car most of got an air lock fom some were thismorning,when i got parked up at tesco's,i let the car cool down and then toped the water up then let it run for 20 mins or so with the header tank cap of to bleed it,the car went great for the day,now it seems slugish again and if i boot it then stop i get loads of steam come from engine bay then i can hear bubbling coming from what it think is the water return from the turbo,hope some one can help plz,
Old 02 October 2007, 09:34 PM
woody1980
Scooby Regular

the steam could be spilt coolent. if not then only way is to drive till hot and steaming, pop the bonnet and see where its coming from.

you could try draining the whole coolent out and replacing with fresh coolent though. you could have a split pipe somewhere. dont worry im sure it will split loads in the next few days and your find it pretty quick.
Old 02 October 2007, 10:18 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by woody1980
the steam could be spilt coolent. if not then only way is to drive till hot and steaming, pop the bonnet and see where its coming from.

you could try draining the whole coolent out and replacing with fresh coolent though. you could have a split pipe somewhere. dont worry im sure it will split loads in the next few days and your find it pretty quick.
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago.. Booting it up the dual toward my house and there was some traffic at the top.. sat there for 5 mins to see a bit of steam coming from under bonnet.

I pulled over, popped the bonnet and discovered a very fine spray of coolant coming out of my top rad hose by the block. When i got home i let her cool down properly and finaly took the hose off a few hours later. Found a pin hole in the hose.

Oh well new silicone hoses it is then
Old 03 October 2007, 05:53 AM
thorpe19830
Scooby Newbie

cheers,i'l have another look and see whats going on,its doing my head in,i think i'll save some pennys and get silicone hoses for it
Old 08 October 2007, 09:19 AM
IMPORTscoobyCHRIS
Scooby Newbie

Well fellas I had the same overheating problem and steam from the engine, found a tiny pin hole split in my rad pipe, replaced the pipe, still overheating, got it checked out and the head gasket on one side had gone and the thermostat too!"

£580 later she's all fixed, new engine gaskets, timing belt, thermostat all oils and coolant changed etc.

U can get a test done on the coolant to see if gases are present from the engine, this will confirm if a head gasket is blown.

Hopefully not but its a possibility
Old 10 October 2007, 11:53 PM
IMPREZANETICS
Scooby Newbie

Default PRESSUR IN MY RADIATOR

HI, ONE Q. WHEN I START MY CAR IT RUNS GOOD FOR A WHILE THEN IT HEATS UP, AND THEN I SEE MY RADIATOR HOSES (BOTH OF THEM) WITH PRESSUR, THEY TOLD ME IT COULD BE MY HEADGASKETS, DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS????

PLS HELP