Notices

powerloss

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2007, 03:30 PM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powerloss

hi guys need some help my car is hesitating between 2/3 grand i have changed alsorts of parts but nothing sparkplugs,lambda,maf,leads, etc but nothing if i start the car and drive its fine then it starts to hesitate on slow acceleration but clears after 3000 rpm sometimes it still holds back after this the problem is intermittent it seems to get worse when i am driving along and it starts to rain and the weather is damp its weird i have disconected the lambda sensor and drivin the car and it goes like it should but on reconnecting it it hesitating again i have changed the lambda sensor but it still the same any ideas guy its starting to get costly been to the dealers and told the car was fine another waste of money it a my00 2000 turbo only mods are a blitz nurspec r turbo back exhaust and baileys dumpvalve cheers scoobzie
Old 30 October 2007, 03:43 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Do ou realise your car has a turbo?? it only kicks in at 2400-2700 RPM
Old 30 October 2007, 03:45 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Sorry that was cheeky, but it sounds like the turbo spool up is slow. have you checked the turbo for corrosionon the fins etc?
Old 30 October 2007, 04:03 PM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

what has the turbo got to do with it if it runs fine with the lambda disconected please keep your stupid oppinons to youself
Old 30 October 2007, 04:17 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate read it wrong thought you said that it wasnt running right even with the sensors disconnected...no need to go in foul mood, i was only having a laugh, i know its serious that your car is flocked though.
Like i said i read the piece about the sensors wrong.
Old 30 October 2007, 04:22 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Maf sensor? With engine running disconnect the MAF, if engine cuts out maf is fine, if theres no change Maf is stuffed
Old 30 October 2007, 04:25 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

For being a t*t earlier please see the following i have just found on a website about lambda sensors.

"If the average voltage from the lambda sensor is running high (more than 0.50V), it indicates a rich condition, possibly due to a bad MAP, MAF or Air Flow sensor or leaky injector. If the average voltage reading is running low (less than 0.45V), the mixture is running lean possibly due to a vacuum leak or because the sensor itself is bad.

If the lambda sensor continually reads high (rich), it will cause the engine computer to lean out the fuel mixture in an attempt to compensate for the rich reading. This can cause lean misfire, hesitation, stumbling, poor idle and high hydrocarbon emissions (from misfiring).

If the lambda sensor continually reads low (lean), it will cause the engine computer to richen the fuel mixture. Injector pulse width will increase causing fuel consumption and carbon monoxide emissions to go up. Constant rich fuel mixture can also cause the catalytic converter to overheat and it may be damaged.

If the lambda sensor's output is sluggish and does not change (low cross counts & long transition times), the engine computer will not be able to maintain a properly balanced fuel mixture. The engine may run too rich or too lean, depending on the operating conditions. This, in turn, may cause drivability problems such as misfiring, surging, poor idle, and high emissions."
Old 30 October 2007, 04:28 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Here is the website if you require to read the lot about them

Lambda sensors / exhaust oxygen sensors
Old 30 October 2007, 04:33 PM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

sorry m8 cheers for the replys but not these parts i have replaced the lambda twice and 3 maf sensors its down to the a/f mixture i think but cant pinpoint it it only happend after i fitted a decat exhaust and changed sparkplugs i dont no if the car is maybe needing a remap after the ehaust being fitted cheers scoobzie
Old 30 October 2007, 04:43 PM
burt2000
Scooby Regular

could be a boosting issue, have you got an electroinc boost controller, makes the delivery much better and does away with the standard solenoid, also took away an uintermittent hesitation i had in 2nd gear, it would tail off boost say between 2500-5000rpm then kich full boost again.....go for a greddy profec b spec 2.

oh and are they the right plugs? if not it will run like crap.

hope this helps a bit

Barry
Old 30 October 2007, 04:55 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Try the website i put on for you, it was good reading, while im at work and it may give you something to look at it said something about not having enough oxygen in the exhaust system.
Alan
Old 30 October 2007, 04:57 PM
scoobzie
Scooby Regular

yeh m8 nkg 6s in there so can rule that out
cheers scoobzie
Old 30 October 2007, 04:58 PM
ATWRX
Scooby Regular

Also I was talking to a lad from Revolution a Subaru Tuning place near me and he said that the car will need re-mapped if full decat system is used cause i was thinking of putting one on mine but dont have the funds for that.
Old 30 October 2007, 07:19 PM
Simon Holmes
Scooby Newbie

Default maybe these!

Just serviced both mine and the better halfs Scoobys, may be worth checking that your fuel hasn't been from Tesco as they have had fuel/water issues, also check the level of your engine oil, overfill caused my wifes car to do the same syptoms you give!!
Old 30 October 2007, 08:33 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobzie
sorry m8 cheers for the replys but not these parts i have replaced the lambda twice and 3 maf sensors its down to the a/f mixture i think but cant pinpoint it it only happend after i fitted a decat exhaust and changed sparkplugs i dont no if the car is maybe needing a remap after the ehaust being fitted cheers scoobzie
sounds like poss boost problem to me,,i would advise a remap to adjust boost and fuelling to suite the decat.
Old 26 May 2009, 02:11 AM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

try putting a stock bov on, i had hesitating problems, turned out it was my bailyes bov as the springs are weak, got a hks ssqv nw n no probs as of yet