Notices

Changing from cat to decat- easy changeover?

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2007, 05:42 PM
Morgy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing from cat to decat- easy changeover?

I recently bought a sports cat for mot reasons and had the garage fit it. After driving it the performance is noticeably lower and its already bugging knowing that ive got a part that makes it faster. I'd like to think it was simple to change back over, axle stands and a socket set. Has anyone done it themselves, and if so, is it do able for a novice
Old 29 November 2007, 06:13 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Depends on if the heat shield on the turbo is on or not, in my opinion. I found the heatshield to be a pain in the backside to get off (lots of small bolts that are hard to see).

If, however, you don't have the heatshield fitted (or don't mind taking it off), it's just a matter of undoing five bolts at the turbo end (three up, two down) and two bolts at the end that mates to the centre.

It should be fairly easy to do with axle stands - especially as it has just been off. Just make sure you have good sockets (14mm hex key is advisable, as the double hex sockets tend to round the bolts easier).
Old 30 November 2007, 03:58 PM
Morgy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't sound too daunting, if i get time (and it's not raining) sunday could be the day of choice. Hopefully it should go smoothly, as if. Cheers for reply.