Notices

AVCR settings ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2008, 09:29 PM
scotty44
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVCR settings ?

Just a quick QU , after fitting a AVCR to MY06 Sti ( modded a little & mapped ) a few weeks ago ( With the help via pm's from JGM cheers Simon ) Iv not really used it as im not sure what im doing .... The only setting iv changed are - boost and duty 1.0bar and 40% .....
What i wanted to know is, what do i change to up the boost a bit ? .... had a scan @ the other settings & im lost as to what they mean or do , i no every car will be different but is there a general setup for these ?
Also been told these need to be setup on the rollers > dont think so but just asking while im here

Any comment guy's as i no theres a few here with these
Old 04 March 2008, 10:24 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not the best instruction book in the world is it!
Paul at Zen set mine up during mapping and on setting A (the high boost setting) boost and solenoid duty is rpm specific so I leave that well alone! Setting B is currently 1.3 bar @41% duty. Switching off the setting effectively gives a 3rd boost level but simply wastegate controlled. As set, these are fine for me and all I've done is changed the display parameters in monitor mode. Upping the boost in setting mode looks straight forward enough though?
I'm sure to get the best from these gizmo's they should be integrated as part of a mapping exercise. A session with the likes of Zen or JGM would bring some nice results?
Does not the 06 STi run more than 1bar as standard?
JohnD

Last edited by JohnD; 04 March 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05 March 2008, 07:42 PM
scotty44
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnD
It's not the best instruction book in the world is it!
Paul at Zen set mine up during mapping and on setting A (the high boost setting) boost and solenoid duty is rpm specific so I leave that well alone! Setting B is currently 1.3 bar @41% duty. Switching off the setting effectively gives a 3rd boost level but simply wastegate controlled. As set, these are fine for me and all I've done is changed the display parameters in monitor mode. Upping the boost in setting mode looks straight forward enough though?
I'm sure to get the best from these gizmo's they should be integrated as part of a mapping exercise. A session with the likes of Zen or JGM would bring some nice results?
Does not the 06 STi run more than 1bar as standard?
JohnD
The instruction book may aswell be in Jap for the amount of info it gives
Had another look at it today and ermm I think I'll get it set up by someone that has a clue what todo
Not to sure what the STD boost is John as it was already mapped when i got it .... Cheers buddy