Advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2008, 06:22 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice please!

Hi all,

Just new on today and bought my first scooby a couple of days ago. Lovin it so far. It's an '03 wrx sti PPP and was just wanting some adivce on which induction kit to go for, if any? Also I was wanting a turbo timer but after reading some other posts maybe its not such a good idea with the issue with you alarm not setting? Totally new to the motor so sorry if these are stupid questions. Oh one other thing is that is has a baileys BOV but I dont' really like the sound of it can anyone suggest one, I like the ones that chatter, like in the ralleys?

Cheers
Old 11 April 2008, 06:24 PM
davenoilewis
Scooby Newbie

hi
just got the same car my self and after loads of help too, see ppp backbox just below this thread were even after the same parts ie bov
ive been told the hks ssqv does the chattering
Old 11 April 2008, 07:45 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Hi and welcome aboard The best option is the standard air box with a hi flow panel filter, an induction kit/cone can actually decrease bhp, read here https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ge-1-a-10.html pages 10 to 14 ish Hth
Old 11 April 2008, 07:49 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

I have the same car myself, made 320 bhp y'day after a map, and a typhoon induction kit.

Id have kept the standard box but they told me for more power........and this was scoobyclinic, yep, it ups the price, but their a good set, I trust them in what they say, if its b0llocks, then I don't go again.....simple as....

Look at getting some handling mods instead tbh, best thing Ive done, its a 300bhp on paper...so the power is there, get an rear adk ARB and some new springs.
Old 11 April 2008, 08:25 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
I have the same car myself, made 320 bhp y'day after a map, and a typhoon induction kit.

Id have kept the standard box but they told me for more power........and this was scoobyclinic, yep, it ups the price, but their a good set, I trust them in what they say, if its b0llocks, then I don't go again.....simple as....

Look at getting some handling mods instead tbh, best thing Ive done, its a 300bhp on paper...so the power is there, get an rear adk ARB and some new springs.
Nowt wrong with that eh If SC av set it up and they and you are happy with the results thats **** on
Old 11 April 2008, 09:16 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Nowt wrong with that eh If SC av set it up and they and you are happy with the results thats **** on
wouldn't have minded a few more BHP

I think a full de-cat in place of the prodrive setup would have sorted that eh, what you think?
Old 11 April 2008, 09:22 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

wouldn't have minded a few more BHP

I think a full de-cat in place of the prodrive setup would have sorted that eh, what you think?

[B]Yeah have read it previous posts that there are better ways to go than PPP but 300+ is cool as i reckon and it is propa set up by peeps in the know /B]

Trending Topics

Old 11 April 2008, 10:12 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Hi an thanks for that and everyone elses contributions but whats a rear adk ARB? And which springs would you recomend?

Ta
Old 11 April 2008, 10:30 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hasting_s
Hi an thanks for that and everyone elses contributions but whats a rear adk ARB? And which springs would you recomend?

Ta
Anti Roll Bar maybe
Old 11 April 2008, 11:06 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Forget the timer as it is a complete waste of money. Driving off boost for the last couple of miles of a given journey will do more for cooling a turbo than a timer ever will
Old 11 April 2008, 11:28 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Haha,

Anti roll bar would be it! And cheers for tip on turbo timer.
Old 12 April 2008, 11:54 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Yeah as explained above, you can get a whiteline, rear adjustale anti roll bar, which will transform the handling, eibach springs are some of the cheapest and at the same time, good quality.

It will lower the car slightly aswell, some ppl like that look, some don't.

Yeah I agree on the turo timer, once had to sit at a fuel pump in the mates car for 5mins til it cooled down, ppl were beeping horns and everything...pmsl
Old 12 April 2008, 04:59 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Haha,

No wantin that like! Was just reading on another thread that my STI shocks will be ok and just have to change the springs? Was on scooby clinic pricing things up and noticed that they will lower the car 20-30mm. Thats fine but I have 19' wheels on, they were on when I got it, with 35mm profile tyres. Does anyone know if there will be enough clearance?
Old 12 April 2008, 05:18 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Haha,

No wantin that like! Was just reading on another thread that my STI shocks will be ok and just have to change the springs? Was on scooby clinic pricing things up and noticed that they will lower the car 20-30mm. Thats fine but I have 19' wheels on, they were on when I got it, with 35mm profile tyres. Does anyone know if there will be enough clearance?
Well its close with mine and there on 18" - Id give the clinic a ring and let em know, it will deffo cover the top of the back wheel slightly, shouldn't be a problem, will just look very low indeed.

The shocks on the sti are very prone to knocking too, on thursday they replaced mine with a modification they do to them, and it seems to have done the job aswell, Im not saying it will happen, but if it starts knocking, don't worry, we've all been there! lol - BUT yes, the shocks you have will be fine....you'll have to have a geomatry setup though (£85) if you have the springs on......if they do it in "fast road" you'll be pleased with the results.

With the sti ppp you've got a great powerful car to start with, with lots of uprated stuff on it already, the WYIOC lads talked me away from pure power to suspension and handling, and it was a good move I reckon.

If you get it mapped with the pro-drive exhaust set-up, you'll get 320bhp ish...with a better exhaust sytem, a lot Ive seen tend to push out nearer to 330-335 ish.

Once you've started you won't stop mate, I spent £2100 on thursday, and Im itching to get a bit more added....

Last edited by JimmyBFC; 12 April 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12 April 2008, 05:29 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

hahha,

Cheers, I promised myself I wouldn't do it with this car! Thats why I went for the PPP figuring I wouldn't have to do anythin with it but your right when you start looking about an shoppin an reading what others have done an what they say to do, you cant help yourself!

I like your front lip and mudflaps. Where did you get the flaps with the pink sti and can you get them in blue? Just put on some pics so you can see if you think the wheels will be too big.
Old 12 April 2008, 05:56 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

hahha,

Cheers, I promised myself I wouldn't do it with this car! Thats why I went for the PPP figuring I wouldn't have to do anythin with it but your right when you start looking about an shoppin an reading what others have done an what they say to do, you cant help yourself!

I like your front lip and mudflaps. Where did you get the flaps with the pink sti and can you get them in blue? Just put on some pics so you can see if you think the wheels will be too big.
Nice car mate, very nice!

The flaps were already on mate, I bought the lip from the guy who sold it me for £70, which was a good investment, with the lip, flaps and lowered, they look mint IMO.

By the looks mate, it should be fine, it will be very low, but fine

Id even be tempted to get some blue side repeaters also, they add a little bit extra to the appearance, will look nice on the blue.

Search for members with blue ones like yourself and you'll get some good ideas of exterior mods

Try scoobyparts.com for a few bits and bobs
Old 12 April 2008, 06:33 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that, I'll get a look at that web site later on an let you know.
Old 13 April 2008, 05:00 PM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Hi, Just another quick queery. Does the impreza's clutch bite quite high or is mine on it's way out? It never misses gears or anything. Also is there spot lights under the sti covers on the '03 version?

Last edited by hasting_s; 13 April 2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 13 April 2008, 08:45 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Hi, Just another quick queery. Does the impreza's clutch bite quite high or is mine on it's way out? It never misses gears or anything. Also is there spot lights under the sti covers on the '03 version?
Hiya bud, mine doesn't have spotlights under the covers no, I think they are all the same = none there, but might be wrong. As for the clutch, bump for someone on that, cos im not sure.
Old 13 April 2008, 08:57 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Mine bit high when i got it but was fine, then i chipped it, 3" decatted it and low and behold its time for a new one, just starting to slip when i really hit the loud
Old 14 April 2008, 09:11 AM
hasting_s
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that. If it is the clutch and I do end up havin to replace it would you go for standard replacement of go for fast road one an what sort of price will it cost including fitting?
Old 14 April 2008, 09:46 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Personally i wouldn't go silly, it depends on how hard a time your gonna give it, av seen them priced at £1000+ I dont plan on ragging it to bits so prob just a slight upgrade, looking at about £350 fitted, cheaper if poss