Idle and running issues

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2008, 11:04 AM
simog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle and running issues

Hi,

Just got hold of a replacement WRX. Car has a Baileys dump valve fitted. Seems to be hunting while idling and also runs lumpy....twitches at around 2.5-3K revs. Also noticed that turbo is not as responsive as I would like, in direct comparison to my previous WRX.

Can someone clue me into the pipework connections for this setup.

It is a 94 WRX. Pipes connected that look somewhat different to my old WRX are :

3rd nipple off engine (looking at it from the front, this is the nipple on the left where I would normally tap in my boost gauge) connected to VTA DV. Pipe from MAF side blocked off, and VTA DV connected to Intercooler side.

Second nipple (middle of the three) is connected directly to a brown sensor of some sort that sits directly above the boost solenoid on the left suspension turret. The pipe looks different in that it runs across the top of the resonator box as a pose to under neath it and has obviously been replaced by the prev owner. Looking at some pics of others engine bays, this pipe looks to have some extra bits connected inline with the pipe. Not sure what this sensor is for or what the second nipple is for.

Can anyone see that this might be a cause of the lumpy running of the car? I preferred to have the standard recirc valve before so I am not totally familiar with this setup.

I will be investigating the coil packs and the MAF sensor and doing a diag this lunch time to see if there are any error codes, but the CEL light is not on during running.

Please help!