Notices

starting problems on my 94 wagon

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2008, 05:41 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting problems on my 94 wagon

hi , from my last post things have got worse and she not starting at all now , had to ride 7 miles to work this morning at 5.00 in the rain , anybody got any ideas , here my post from before

Hi there , i,m hoping someone can help me , yesterday night when i was going to pick the wife up , my scobby would,nt start , turns over but does,nt fire , after a couple of trys i gave up and could smell petrol under the bonnet so i was thinking that i may of touch the accelerator when i first started it thus causing it to flood , anyway tried again after half an hour and got it going but it was really sluggish to start , went to work in it this morning no problem , come home no ploblem but when i wanted to go out tonight it would,nt start again , now i know i never touch the accelerator this time and got the petrol smell again, no matter how many times tonight i,ve tried its still not starting , anyone got any ideas has to why its not starting but smells strongly of petrol thus thinking its flooding , could it be coolant temp sensor ?
Old 23 October 2008, 08:29 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yippee got the car going after checking error codes, got code 13 camshaft position sensor , traced the sensor down , took it out and cleaned it up , put back in and it fired up after a bit of hesitation , was running lumpy until engine warmed up than was fine again , hopfully fingers crossed this will cure it until i can get a replacment , does anybody know where i can get one from in manchester and how much and are all camshaft sensor the same, my number on the top is 3y29 rs-300 is this right ?