Notices

help needed

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2008, 11:31 AM
burnhamshaun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed

i have got a k reg 93 classic scoob cannot seem to find the wires for the front fogs any ideas where i can find them brought them with out fogs and i want to fit them
Old 31 December 2008, 11:51 AM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

If it's an import then it probably won't have the wiring fitted.

If it has, you will need to look at where the headlamp wiring joins into the main vehicle harness just behind the headlamp. Very close to this point is where the harness for the fog lamp will exit the main harness and then drop down behind the front panel and the front bumper to the fog lamp apperture.

Phil
Old 31 December 2008, 12:08 PM
burnhamshaun
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barretts Motorsport
If it's an import then it probably won't have the wiring fitted.

If it has, you will need to look at where the headlamp wiring joins into the main vehicle harness just behind the headlamp. Very close to this point is where the harness for the fog lamp will exit the main harness and then drop down behind the front panel and the front bumper to the fog lamp apperture.

Phil
yea it is an import but there is a fog light switch on the dash on the right hand side how hard are these to wire in if there is no wiring
Old 31 December 2008, 12:27 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

Is it a proper Subaru fog lamp switch?

If so does the background of the switch light up when you switch on your headlamps & does the warning light on the switch illuminate (this should be green not red) when you press the switch in to turn on the lamps?
Old 31 December 2008, 12:29 PM
burnhamshaun
Scooby Regular

no to both ;-(
Old 31 December 2008, 02:54 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

I'd be inclined to see where the wiring for the switch you have goes to, it may already be partially wired up by someone else. Unless of course, the switch you are refering to is for the rear Fog Lamp.

Failing that you will have to start from scratch, & if I were you I would want to fit Driving Lamps instead of Fog Lamps, as you will get much better light projection from a Driving Lamp, they will be of more use to you at night time as they illuminate the road way up front so you can see where the road goes. A Fog Lamp will just dispurse all the light in a wide band on the road imediately in front of the car, which is pretty usless really..... unless of course.... it's really foggy.

The only kit that I know of is made by PIAA & this contains everything you need to fit Driving Lamps from scratch - switch, relay, wiring, lamps, brackets to fit the subaru bumper & a good set of instructions... I'm sure that if there are other kits available out there then other s/n members will add them to this thread.