Notices

Re-fitting dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2009, 07:36 PM
dalmatian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-fitting dump valve

I tried re-fitting the original recirculating dump valve to my 2001 bug eye but i can't get the large diameter pipe over the dump valve connection.
There doesn't seem to be enough room to hold the pipe and get enough pressure to force the pipe on.Any help would be great.Nick
Old 06 January 2009, 07:43 PM
wrx mike
Scooby Newbie

unbolt the intercooler from its brackets and slacken the clip on the throttle body hose. you can push the intercooler back a few inches. gives you enough room to get your hand in and onto the pipe
Old 06 January 2009, 09:54 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dalmatian
I tried re-fitting the original recirculating dump valve to my 2001 bug eye but i can't get the large diameter pipe over the dump valve connection.
There doesn't seem to be enough room to hold the pipe and get enough pressure to force the pipe on.Any help would be great.Nick
I found it a bugger of a job on my 03 blob eye- I found the subaru spring clip particularly difficult (I dropped it down in the engine bay once)
If you're using a jubilee clip you will need to move the I/C.
The way I got around it ( and the tech minded can please look away now)
using some long nosed pliers I rested the subaru clip as high up the the neck of the dump valve as poss- smeared small amount fairy liquid on male/female,
pushed dump valve into pipe- connected D/V to I/C and then gripped the clip and moved onto pipe- need to be carefull that the D/V connection to I/C is true and flush. This may sound like somethin out of 'jilly cooper' but buddy it took me a couple of hours to work it out
Old 06 January 2009, 10:23 PM
Wagon Gaz
Scooby Regular

Its a bit of a faf, its a bit easier if you take the spring clip and lock it in the open position ( big F off pliers required) it then allows you to push the pipe back down without the clip getting involved once in release the clip.
Old 07 January 2009, 10:59 AM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem as you dalmatian. I've still not fitted it due to laziness, but will be moving the Intercooler to get it one.