Notices

Afterburner Vortex backbox

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2009, 08:59 PM
Gkp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afterburner Vortex backbox

I am looking to get a new exhaust system for my bugeye wrx.

I want a real good sounding exhaust to show off the scooby burble, ideally i want one that is quiet enough on low revs but sings nice when i floor it.

I have listened to the vortex on youtube and think it sounds amazing, i was just looking to know if anyone has one to see how loud they are in real life and is there much cabin drone with one?

I fear it may get a bit annoying after a while if it is too loud.

If anyone has any other similar priced suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Old 16 February 2009, 09:11 PM
scooby-93
Scooby Regular

if you are just after a back box try the prodrive one with the round tip i had one on my sti before the milltek and it sounded better than the milltek does now.
Old 16 February 2009, 09:17 PM
coops78
Scooby Regular

i have an afterburner on my car with a decat centre section an i love he sound it makes, there is no drone in the cabin and it never gets annoying on the motorway, but when you get the engine above 4.5k it makes an amazing sound plus my pops a bit around the 2k mark. i would recommend this exhaust to anyone. i'm hoping it will sound even better when i fit a decat down pipe.

Dave
Old 16 February 2009, 09:19 PM
Gkp
Scooby Regular

thanks!
I will be looking to change the full exhaust system, i already have a downpipe with sports cat. Is there a nice note out of the prodrive?
Old 16 February 2009, 09:26 PM
coops78
Scooby Regular

i had a prodrive on before the afterburner, they are nice sounding boxes too plenty of burble and not to loud
Old 18 February 2009, 09:41 AM
alexscoob
Scooby Newbie

I have an afterburner on my scooby with decat centre pipe plus decat downpipe,sounds awsome and looks great with titianium burnt exhaust tip,no cabin drone even fully decatted,under hard use pops and backfires,have made a few pedrestrians jump,one of the best exhausts i've ever bought
Old 18 February 2009, 09:20 PM
stuartknox
Scooby Regular

hi

i have a full decat with afterburner vortex back box on a newage blobeye, loud as **** but sounds great. It might be a bit better with you having a sports cat, might quiet it down a little as my neighbours hate me at 0530 early starts
Old 18 February 2009, 09:28 PM
Neil @ Scoobyworld
Scooby Regular

if you're near to us (j23 of M1) just pop on over and we'll fit one up for you to have a listen to / drive around the block. Its possibly the only real way to find out whether its for you or not. We dont charge for this, and if you dont like it we'll take it back off and install another one or your original one. All without any sales pressure (we're not like that) or obligation to buy

Just give us a call to book in if you wish to, as we're pretty much solidly booked for the next fortnight so would need to work out where to squeeze you in.

Neil
Welcome to Scooby world
Old 18 February 2009, 10:04 PM
scooby-93
Scooby Regular

gkp: i preferred the prodrive back box to a full milltek system
Old 19 February 2009, 05:26 PM
stuartknox
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Neil @ Scoobyworld
if you're near to us (j23 of M1) just pop on over and we'll fit one up for you to have a listen to / drive around the block. Its possibly the only real way to find out whether its for you or not. We dont charge for this, and if you dont like it we'll take it back off and install another one or your original one. All without any sales pressure (we're not like that) or obligation to buy

Just give us a call to book in if you wish to, as we're pretty much solidly booked for the next fortnight so would need to work out where to squeeze you in.

Neil
Welcome to Scooby world
what a great service