Notices

wheel hub/driveshaft problem

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2009, 02:28 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel hub/driveshaft problem

im really in need of help, im in need of a part but am not 100% sure what to replace story is ,the wheel bearing stuck and where it has been driven it has worn down the shaft it sits on! which part do i need to get? the guy who looked at it doesnt know much about subarus and ,as i havent seen it ,its quite hard to describe. it is not the hub itself and he said it wasnt the driveshaft, he just said the flange (sp?) any help would be great as i need this fixed before she goes in for a remap
Old 02 March 2009, 02:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

it is called the flange bracket funnily enough

I had a similar problem a week or so ago and in the end because the wheel bearing was knackered, I found it cheaper to get two wheel hubs from my local breakers. Make sure that if you do that you get the correct ABS sensor position because the earlier scoobs had them slightly different to the newer models.
Old 02 March 2009, 02:42 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

thanks a lot just got the wheel bearing replaced which now seems a bit hasty as it wasnt the cheapest lol. do u know if i could buy it seperatly? i do admit to sounding very thick ( or mechanically UNgifted ) but have been looking at hubs on fleabay and breakers and havent found any with the flange jobby attached
Old 02 March 2009, 03:01 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

All I know (and probably less than you ) is the fact that when I was searching for the flange bracket jobby, the scrappy subaru dealer explained that it was just as costly to find that part as it was the whole hub assembly.
All I know was that when I got it, it had a decent bearing, bottom ball joint etc and so did the job. I paid £70 per wheel hub from my guy though I have heard he has raised his prices as a wheel bearing is about that on its own now
Old 02 March 2009, 03:04 PM
oli_w
Scooby Regular

i have emailed a couple of breakers and see what they come up with now i know what its called many thanks for that!