Notices

Is it worth me fitting a downpipe with fast flow cat

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2009, 08:57 PM
Wilky_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth me fitting a downpipe with fast flow cat

So I'm 6 months into the ownership of my first Scooby - it's a 04 WRX. Despite my promise to the girlfriend to not spend any money on it the temptation is too much ! I'd like to go down the filter / fuel pump / exhaust / remap route and aim for about 270 BHP.

Basically I was looking to fit a Ninja downpipe with a fast flow cat ( from Scoobyworld ) but at the moment I can't afford the remap. Can anyone see any problem in doing this ? I know I won't particularly get a lot more power but I have seen articles where people have mentioned over boosting.

Is tuning my car in 'a bit at a time' okay or should I just save up and do it all at once.

Any comments are appreciated folks,

Cheers,

Wilky.
Old 11 March 2009, 09:17 PM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have done a similar modding to what you want just that i had a de-cat downpipe. the problem with that is, it caused the CEL to come on. but as you are still having a cat, i dont see it being a problem. the change of filter, fuel pump didnt cause any problems. once i got the exhaust, fuel pump, filter i then got the car mapped after about 3 weeks(no problems) and got around 270 on 97 ron petrol.

i would advise getting all the bits together before getting the mapping done as it'll cost around £200 to get it re-mapped. so if you are wanting around 300+ then get the turbo and pink/550cc injectors then get it mapped

steve