Notices

engine swop wrx to sti NEWAGE

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2009, 10:36 AM
scooby-matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine swop wrx to sti NEWAGE

hello guys, as above ive got a 2002 wrx and im putting a 2003 v8 sti engine into it. ive got the engine, engine wiring loom, ecu, keys, immobiliser control unit.

only problem is that ive got to wire in four additional wires in too the ecu, these are for the variable valve timing soleniods. does any one know what pin numbers they are, or have done this mod themself?

thanks matt
Old 18 March 2009, 11:23 AM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

Interested in this, but I was going to down the route of just swapping the engine but keeping the wrx ecu and remapping (already ECUTEK'D) to suit. Wouldnt have the AVCs but thats not problem for me.
Are you doing a step by step guide for this as I might go the full hog if its not to much work.

Heres link to see if it helps. The pics are missing, but it might help

03 WRX gets a complete 07 STi transplant... ongoing day by day documentation / photos - NASIOC

Ricey
Old 18 March 2009, 12:55 PM
scooby-matt
Scooby Regular

ricey,

i cant seem to view them pics, so if you want me to do a step by step guide then i will. i think if your planning on using the sti heads with the avc's that you would need the sti ecu, ive brought everything as it is going to be a plug in and play project. The old engine is out of the vehicle and took some step by step photos to remove the engine. where i got the engine from, the bloke has done a couple of these so he said he was going to include wiring diagrams, just thought before it arrives ill do some research first

matthew

Last edited by scooby-matt; 18 March 2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 18 March 2009, 02:21 PM
Rice Rocket
Scooby Regular

That would be great if you could do some sort of write up. The link to the pics a broken in that thread

THe AVCs don't need to be connected if using the WRX ECU, so its a basic transplant engine out sti in. I can get all the parts like you mentioned, but was trying to keep costs down so I wouldnt have to get another ECUTEK map at full price lol

I will post a better link later when i'm home.

Ricey
Old 19 March 2009, 11:48 PM
scooby-matt
Scooby Regular

does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram (engine wiring to ecu) for a 2003 sti