Notices

URGENT HELP , SO CONFUSED CLUTCHES/FLYWHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2009, 09:33 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT HELP , SO CONFUSED CLUTCHES/FLYWHEELS

Im very confused on this issue and need advice or help with what you have gone for or are using !

My clutch on my 03wrx blob is on its last legs and i need a new one but im confused on which clutch and prices as there all over the place ?

Right spoke to gatwick subaru and from 03 they started to fit modified/updated flywheels and clutches to avoid the clutch judder in which the flywheel had springs or similar in it (similar to dual mass flywheel) to stop this . mine has the modified/updated clutch and flywheel but if it hadnt then i would need a new type flywheel at £300 !!!

Also spoke to exedy direct and they dont list a complete clutch kit for the 03-05 model , only list the plate and bearing and not the cover ? he wants old numbers of my old cover to see if they cross over as he said it might be the same kit as the 02 model but not sure and not sure if clamping load is same on the bug and blob?

Spoke to rcm today and they say fit a normal genuine flywheel £214 or a modded one at £298 and a standard exedy clutch kit £134 , both plus vat and they have never had an issue with the £134 clutch kit , or i can get an original subaru one for £250 but subaru quoted me £350 and im in the trade ?

Spoke to zen and £250 for exedy clutch kit and £300 for lightened flywheel ?

Gonna speek to api tommorrow but i think there £220 for exedy clutch and £150 for exchange standard flywheel !

Now my prob is why are all the exedy prices so different and what flywheel do i get ? the only people who have known so far about this modified flywheel i have fitted is subaru and rcm !!

Will a normal flywheel work with the clutch as subaru said you need the flywheel and clutch kit together £650 !!!

Rcm exedy clutch and standard normal new flywheel £350 + vat
Zen around £250 exedy clutch and £300 lightened flywheel + vat
subaru £350 clutch kit and £300 flywheel + vat
I can get a bluepoint/adl clutch kit for £180 +vat and was told it may have subaru wrote on it or even exedy as there all the same ? then told not to fit bluepoint/adl as there crap ??

So many different opinions and prices but what do i go for as im not gonna go over 300bhp ?

Everyone seem to list exedy clutches but yet after speaking to them direct they dont list a cover for the 03-05 ?? see my point
Old 07 July 2009, 07:17 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spoke to david at api and he does an exedy sti clutch for £220 and a 2piece lightened flywheel for £150 exchange (modified 2piece flywheels were on 03- to stop judder!) so will be ordering this kit