Tracker fitted????

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2009, 10:05 AM
IanSmith
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tracker fitted????

Hello

Just joined the site after getting my first scooby.

I recently purchested a Subaru Impreza WRX 2006.
While cleaning the car I noticed a few things in the boot and was wondering if the car has tracker fitted even if it isn't being used yet.
There is a small plastic box in the boot with copper windings inside about the size if a cigerett packet, there is also another plastic box about 5" x 5" and about 4" deep.
There is a white two pin connector that isn't connected to anything at this time.
I'm wondering if this maybe some kind of tracker? that is no longer used or out of subscription?
I would like to get a tracker fitted to the car or if this is a tracker get it activated to protect my car in case some ****** manages to take it.
Is there any police data bases that can confirm if ther car is fitted or was fitted with tracker.
Regards
Ian
Old 22 July 2009, 10:19 AM
hughes741
Scooby Regular

i bought an 06 wrx last week and mine came with an rac trakstar tracker from standard
Old 22 July 2009, 11:36 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I think to find out you would need to contact the companies, the Police don't keep a database as they don't become aware of the tracker until the company contact's them following an activation.

Best try calling the companies,
RAC Trackstar and Tracker are the two main ones
Old 22 July 2009, 11:45 PM
IanSmith
Scooby Newbie

Cheers guys.

I'm sorry to say that my scooby isn't living upto what I thought it would be like

Before getting the 2006 wrx I road bikes for years First was an old R6 then moved upto my last one a 2007 gsxr 750 k7. I'm getting a little old now to be riding sports bikes for hours at a time and thought I would get one of the car's I have always looked to own, the scooby.

Got the car on Friday and I'm board with it already it's not as quick as I thought it would be.
I'm a little dissapointed because I have liked the cars for years, but never owned one.

I might end up sticking the car on eBay and going back to bike's you just can't get the same buz when sitting in a box.

If I hang onto the car a while what are the best first steps to getting more power? the car is totally standard at the moment.

Ian

Last edited by IanSmith; 22 July 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 23 July 2009, 12:00 AM
mrsounds
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IanSmith
Hello

Just joined the site after getting my first scooby.

I recently purchested a Subaru Impreza WRX 2006.
While cleaning the car I noticed a few things in the boot and was wondering if the car has tracker fitted even if it isn't being used yet.
There is a small plastic box in the boot with copper windings inside about the size if a cigerett packet, there is also another plastic box about 5" x 5" and about 4" deep.
There is a white two pin connector that isn't connected to anything at this time.
I'm wondering if this maybe some kind of tracker? that is no longer used or out of subscription?
I would like to get a tracker fitted to the car or if this is a tracker get it activated to protect my car in case some ****** manages to take it.
Is there any police data bases that can confirm if ther car is fitted or was fitted with tracker.
Regards
Ian
not sure that would be a tracker as they seem to be hidden pretty well so they cant be easily overcome! when i swapped mine over into my name they needed vin number aswell so write that down before ringing, pretty sure they needed the tracker number too? i think this stops people like thieves ringing up with your number plate and trying to find out if theres a tracker on the car?
Old 23 July 2009, 12:12 AM
evil_scoobs
Scooby Regular

I called up RAC trackster for them to check my reg and see if it had a tracker. They said yes and activated it for a test. job done

WRX will feel very slow in comparison to a hothatch never mind a bike. I personally feel the scoobs dont feel overly fast until at least 300bhp
Old 23 July 2009, 12:45 AM
IanSmith
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by evil_scoobs
I called up RAC trackster for them to check my reg and see if it had a tracker. They said yes and activated it for a test. job done

WRX will feel very slow in comparison to a hothatch never mind a bike. I personally feel the scoobs dont feel overly fast until at least 300bhp

What sort of bhp figure does a 06 wrx 2.5 turbo put out in standard trim?
And what would need to be changed to get to the 300bhp + without going mega bucks.

Last edited by IanSmith; 23 July 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 23 July 2009, 02:51 AM
ian.b
BANNED

Cars and bikes are too different things , yes a bike is quicker but your much safer in a car ! I think you done it *** about face ! you had a quick bike now you got a car that is a slower than a bike !! Just like a computers, got a slow computer buy a fast one then you could tell the speed diference get my drift !!!
Old 23 July 2009, 10:53 AM
hughes741
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IanSmith
What sort of bhp figure does a 06 wrx 2.5 turbo put out in standard trim?
And what would need to be changed to get to the 300bhp + without going mega bucks.
230bhp standard and they claim about 280bhp from a full decat and remap
Old 23 July 2009, 01:44 PM
IanSmith
Scooby Newbie

I was planning on fitting a full exhaust to improve the power, along with a dump valve BOV.
How much would an ecu remap normally cost after just doing the exhaust and dump valve?

I have also been thinking of adding Nitros oxide but I'm unsure if the 2.5 lump is strong enough to cope with the added power gains from Nos.

I think as you say I'm not going to be able to get bike performance from a cage, so I'm now going to do what I can with what I have and see just what I can squeze from the scooby lump.

I'll get another bike over winter for when I have the need to get out for a proper blatt.

Thanks for your replys peeps, as you can tell I know nothing about scoobys and will no doubt be asking many more questions along the way.

Ian
Old 23 July 2009, 01:54 PM
hughes741
Scooby Regular

with vat and rolling road time a remap is about £620 i think