Vacuum pipes help !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2009, 09:03 PM
evo3500
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Vacuum pipes help !!!!

Hi Guys help needed please,
I am building the 1st prototype V-Storm with mid mounted 1996 Subaru wrx STI engine in it. The car has been wired, and now we are ready to try and run it, but I have some doubts on the vacuum piping.
I have tryed to find some info but no joy.

on the inlet manifold there are 3 brass pipes for vac pipe which goes where ?

Then the vac pipe off the wastgate acctuator where does that go to and lastly the vac pipe from the ally inlet pipe which has the maf sensor attached to where does this one go.

pics or diagrams welcome.

Also when the car is finished I hope to get it featured in Total Subaru. If you have a dead classic Subaru lying around the V-Storm is godd way to recycle it. check out sdr Sports Cars the kit car manufacture of component cars

Thanks in advance for your help I would post you apicture to show you waht we are up to but not sure how to do it,if anyone can tell me I can upload a few pics for you.

Cheers

Simon
Old 03 August 2009, 09:09 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

Old 03 August 2009, 09:10 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

Old 03 August 2009, 09:12 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

first diagram is for 2 port solinoid and the second is 3 port. the pipe that goes into the top of the second diagram next to the electrical conection goes to the intake manifold. i have 3 one is blanked off cant remem where the next 1 goes
Old 03 August 2009, 09:29 PM
evo3500
Scooby Newbie

Hi Matt

Thanks for the quick response, I have the same valve setup as in picture 2 the 3 port
one, So to recap what we are saying is that the pipe onto the wastgate acytuator goes to the inlet manifold. I have noted on the inlet manifold that two of the brass connections are I think 6mm and one is smaller at 4mm. the wastgate one is a 6mm pipe does it matter which one it is connected to on the inlet manifold so long as it goes to one of the 6mm connectors.

On your 2nd picture the I am a little confused,but thats easy for me sometimes !
Turbo outlet nipple I dont think I have this on my turbo but I have an outlet nipple after the maf sensor before the turbo whould it go there instead ? I could post some images but dont know how to get them on the thread.

Then the one marked actuator connector I thought we had used that one already and took it back to the manifold ? Told you I am easily confused !

Thanks

Simon.
Old 03 August 2009, 09:51 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

the second diagram is the relavent one for you!. i was refering to the 4th hose above the three port next to the brown conector, that goes to the smaller 4mm inlet manifold nipple. on my car the 6mm is blanked off.
the nipple after the maf is where the bottom pipe goes i think not clear without pics hope the initial part has cleared things up for you. im sure more people will help things