Notices

Immobiliser Bypass Is It Possible

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2009, 01:21 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobiliser Bypass Is It Possible

As title states, Im going to put a clifford alarm which i have already ordered. It comes with remote start and turbo timer but was thinking i would need to bypass standard immobiliser in order to do this. How is this possible? Also if someone can send a diagram of where and colour wire i need to connect my clifford to on my terzo turbo 2000 impreza MY98.

Thanks.
Old 04 August 2009, 01:30 AM
enniorancati
Scooby Newbie

i have the same problem,
if i can disable the immobilizer i can get star my car,but with the keycode not configured i can't do that....

i have an 08 Sti with keyless go
Old 04 August 2009, 01:34 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your local decent car security alarm fitter should be able to bypass the immobilliser or atleast make it work with the clifford alarm, but its not really a good idea for people to ask these questions and expect a decent answer on a public forum

Tony
Old 04 August 2009, 02:18 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Your local decent car security alarm fitter should be able to bypass the immobilliser or atleast make it work with the clifford alarm, but its not really a good idea for people to ask these questions and expect a decent answer on a public forum

Tony
Thanks Tony for your response. You can get immobiliser bypass module for clifford but im sure there must be a way of bypassing it somehow or the other. I dont see what the problem is asking on here its not like im trying to break into a car. Lol. Im only wanting to know so i can get remote start working as i always like warming my car up.
Old 04 August 2009, 02:43 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

How to start your subaru
Get in car, start engine, place seatbelt on, check mirrors are all ok, drive off
Its far better than just leaving your car running as it doesnt warm up that quickly (the oil that is) and is far better just to give it a several seconds idling just to get the oil around the engine before driving off

Tony
Old 04 August 2009, 03:05 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony learn something new all the time. Since ive already ordered the alarm may aswell find out how to get it wired for the remote start. I think what i need to do is re-phrase myself. So here goes:
How can i use my clifford in conjunction with the standard fit immobiliser? I know where its located aswell is there anyway i can connect to get remote start. Im not bothered about bypassing the standard immobiliser should i need to as clifford has immobiliser built in aswell. Also need a wiring diagram if someone has one.

Thank You.
Old 04 August 2009, 03:08 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Cliffords are quite complex alarms, its not the sort of thing you fit yourself though depending what you are adding (ie a 650 mk2 for instance) you can add things like intellistart, turbo timer, remote boot release etc, but your "subaru" fitted alarm should be removed really.
Also note that if you do fit the clifford yourself, it wont be classed as a cat 1 (or thatcham approved) security system for insurance purposes.
So far in my last 3 scoobs, clifford 650 mk 2, concept 600 and concept 300

Tony
Old 04 August 2009, 04:30 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony some helpful advice there. Ok my alarm packed up on my car and it wouldnt start but he managed to removed it and got it to start. He said as long as i can get him some sort of a diagram where the wires go rest of it is sensors etc he should be ok. His fitted some alarms before but his mentioned about the standard immobiliser for remote starting. There is a place that disarm them if you send the immobiliser unit to them would like to know how they do it but they charge £65. The other bypass modules you get on ebay require a spare key that i dont have and its about £60 to get a spare key cut and dont fancy leaving a key in a module in my car. Lol.
Old 04 August 2009, 05:30 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Dont blame you for not wanting to leave a key in there Now my installer said about these boxes, hmmmm what was it....

Im not sure if he said they dont work for every alarm, only certain ones, or was it certain clifford alarms it worked on lol, you would have to call a clifford installer, but they are a very complex alarm to install, especially the anti hijack system and if you fit it, the pita remote fuel cut off.
Like I said, its best to get a clifford installer to install one, if you were up in manchester I would give you the number of my installer

Tony
Old 04 August 2009, 05:50 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Yeh your right Tony it dont work on all cars and dont work on all alarms too although i think they work with cliffords. Its nice warming the car up aswell i guess before getting into it. Im sure someone has got remote start on there scooby would like to know how they have managed to get it working with the immobiliser in place.
Old 04 August 2009, 06:09 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smurf786
Thanks Tony some helpful advice there. Ok my alarm packed up on my car and it wouldnt start but he managed to removed it and got it to start. He said as long as i can get him some sort of a diagram where the wires go rest of it is sensors etc he should be ok. His fitted some alarms before but his mentioned about the standard immobiliser for remote starting.
Before you go any further, something you don't seem to have considered yet:

Category 1 alarms have to be installed (or checked and certified) by a VSIB approved fitter before your insurer will accept their existence. If you go about disabling part of the car's built-in immobilisation and/or change the alarm without getting it properly installed and certificated, you may be invalidating your insurance policy, if it requires a cat 1 security system.

Remote start systems, by definition, contravene cat 1 protection anyway, so before you actually have the work done it might be worth checking the small print in your insurance policy to see what you can do, and give them a buzz to clarify if necessary.

Incidentally, to back up what's already been said, the whole "I want to remote start the car to warm the engine before I drive it" idea is bogus. It'll warm up better (and quicker) being driven under light load than it will sitting in front of your house.
Old 04 August 2009, 06:26 AM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Im new to the game so yeh keep enlightening me. Lol. When i done my insurance my alarm wasnt working so i told them its got no alarm in it anyway and i know installing it myself or by a mate wont be cat 1 or i cant declare to insurance but i rather fit it myself. My insurance hardly knocks much off anyways if its cat 1 dont know why but that's how it is.
Old 04 August 2009, 09:19 PM
Smurf786
Scooby Regular

Does anyone have a diagram or know where the alarm wires go on a classic? Also if anyone has got remote start how they have got it working with immobiliser?

Thank You.