Notices

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2009, 12:59 PM
Jamie Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New member

Hi Im a new member here, and have bough a Impreza WRX 2003, estate, a month ago, just wonder if there are people out there who can give me a few details.
I am looking at getting some new tires, could anyone tell me what size I can have and what make should I get.
Also seen on another page about spacers, I will get some of them, but what PCD are they, how difficult was it to swope the studs over. Thank you Jamie
Old 14 August 2009, 10:23 AM
Jamie Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Question New Member

I dont drive this car everyday, so I didnt know what size, now I found out 215/45 R17, I think the PCD for the wheels are 100mm.
Anyone out there just put spacers on, or got a new set of tires, can anyone help me out.

Are there people on here from North Yorkshire, I live in Scarborough.You might have already seen my car driving round, owners have had it here for last 4years. Jamie
Old 14 August 2009, 02:36 PM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

Right im a little confused here... are you after new wheels or new tyres?

If your after new tyres, whats on your car already? you just replace tyres of the same size... tyre brands to go for, Avon ZZ3's are my perfered choice

If your after new wheels, you can fit up to 18's on the impreza, but i just stick to 17's as they look good, tyres are cheaper and the ride isnt as harsh as low profile tyres on 18 inch rims

Yes the wheels on the impreza (93) are 5x100 pcd

As for spacers, you wont need any if your running standard brakes, but if your running brembo's or other bigger brakes, you may need spacers (depending on what alloys you have)

Last edited by Jamz_; 14 August 2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 17 August 2009, 04:19 PM
Jamie Scooby
Scooby Newbie

Default Tyres

Yer tyres Im after, but evenualy get new wheels. I was just think of putting spacers on anyway. I wont be getting bigger than 17, I will curb them 2 often. I can make the spacers at work, and have made some for other veicals. Jamie