Notices

APS Exhaust system/CAT?

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 04:59 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS Exhaust system/CAT?

I have a full APS exhaust system, from turbo back, with a sports CAT fitted. It's coming up for its MOT time soon, last year it struggled with the emissions (prob due to the remap ), failed the first time. After taking it for a good thrashing (the suggestion of the tester) the MOT tester got it through although I’m not 100% what he actually done as he was 'fiddling' for a while??

Anyway, in my preparation, should it fail again, I have looked into the possibility of putting the original full CAT back on to get through the MOT should there be any issues. However, it would seem with the layout/fitment of the APS system it's not possible to put the original CAT back in place as the pipes are different lengths so should I want to put it back I would have to take the whole APS system off from the turbo back, and that looks like a basterd of a job due to the locations of the bolts etc around the turbo, and not being experts we wouldn't want to **** anything up.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a CAT that fits into the existing APS system, or any other solutions such as any tips for getting the pipes off from the turbo!

Hopefully it won’t come to this if I see the same 'helpful' tester but I just want to be prepared
Old 14 August 2009, 08:32 AM
babis plimiras
Scooby Newbie

hi i have the same exhaust with you what i did was to replase the aps cat with an hjs 100cpsi cat very good perfomanse and no problem at all with emissions what so ever pased.
Old 14 August 2009, 04:20 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by babis plimiras
hi i have the same exhaust with you what i did was to replase the aps cat with an hjs 100cpsi cat very good perfomanse and no problem at all with emissions what so ever pased.
Where might I find one of those please?