Notices

Mmmm engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2009, 08:57 PM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mmmm engine light on

Hi peeps been using my 2003 wrx day in day out since i got it 2 months ago and had 4000miles of very happy motoring (miles add up faster in a scooby for some reason lol

anyway jumped in it tonight to go to the mother inlaws house an the engine managment light came on

should i be worried ?

the cars running fine thts what puzzles me , are subarus known for lighting up for petty problems or could it be big

i have a month left on my warrenty so i will take it tomorrow to the dealers i bought it from.

i have had extreemly bad luck with imprezas in past years so this time around i bought from a dealer ..... hope i havnt bought another dog
Old 18 September 2009, 09:00 PM
JT386
Scooby Regular

first thing to do is to try and read the error code using the connectors under the dash, there is a guide somewhere on here, im sure someone else can point you in the right direction, as i cant seem to lay my hands on it.
if not im sure google can provide a quick guide from somewhere else
Old 18 September 2009, 09:03 PM
dbay
Scooby Regular

take it back and get the code read, it will be free after all. if there is anything wrong there obliged to repair with in reason, but car sales companys are good at hideing things saying they have fixed them
Old 18 September 2009, 09:08 PM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

cheers guys im hoping it might go away lol but i will take it in ....... im a bugger for gettin fobed off so i will have my wits about me ......

Thinking about it i noticed it doesnt have as much power some days an it feels like the turbo is makin alot of noise but no go and then other days its evil mmmm
Old 18 September 2009, 09:08 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james_turner
first thing to do is to try and read the error code using the connectors under the dash, there is a guide somewhere on here, im sure someone else can point you in the right direction, as i cant seem to lay my hands on it.
if not im sure google can provide a quick guide from somewhere else
unfortunatel there are no error connectos for his car they only apply to Classic imprezas

Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Knowledge / ECU
Old 18 September 2009, 09:36 PM
dbay
Scooby Regular

he's right it only applies to classic for the self test mode, you can wipe the ecu by starting and turning off the ignition off 5 times i think. make sure your present when they read the errors
Old 18 September 2009, 10:41 PM
Nolan_WRX
Scooby Regular

Yes there are, look up under the steering wheel will see 2 green connectors, plug them in and turn the ignition 2 turns but dont start the car, engine light will either flash constantly for no error or will give a series of flashes to show code, have a search to find what they mean.
Old 19 September 2009, 02:58 PM
KENSHIRO
Scooby Regular

i rang Graham walkers today and they said tht as long as the light is amber and not red its not too serious and it could be an sensor on the after market exhaust playing up and to pop it in on monday .... cant say fairer than tht

except the managment light didnt come on today ,after i spent all night worrying about my poor baby
Old 19 September 2009, 06:00 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KENSHIRO
i rang Graham walkers today and they said tht as long as the light is amber and not red its not too serious and it could be an sensor on the after market exhaust playing up and to pop it in on monday .... cant say fairer than tht

except the managment light didnt come on today ,after i spent all night worrying about my poor baby
newage subarus especialy bug eyes seem to give false warnings to ecu had a problem with mine every time id boot it managment light would come on so got the code read cam sensor fault we pulled the plug out of the sensor cleaned it and the sensor put it back on havnt had a problem since lots off crap gets in a engine bay try doin the same with yours if it reads cam sensor fault these are quite dear to replace might save you some money