Notices

more power

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2009, 09:18 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more power

have an version 1 wrx sti and its running 1 bar, has a panel filter and bltz bur spec exhaust.
has a hks F-CON piggyback ecu im sure

im looking for a touch more power, would like a bit above 300bhp 320bhp if possible

what else can i do?

not looking to do major internal work

am i dreaming?

can these engines safley run a bit more boost?

do i have to swap ecu's to get mapped - is it worthwhile

cheers
Old 25 October 2009, 09:49 PM
gazza503
Scooby Regular

esl live remap will get you closer i would think , injectors will limit soon .
pm me for info on ecu questions
gazza
Old 26 October 2009, 01:38 AM
brashy
Scooby Regular

ive got a 94 classic an ive got a front mount fitted a 255 fuel pump hks induction kit, full de-cat exhaust an a apexi ecu an a safe 1.24 bar of boost an im getting round 320bhp but i would defo go for the esl chip put in your ecu coz the apexi has limits thats 1 of the things im doing myself soon getting rid of the apexi, all this stuff ive fitted myself with a little help from the net its all pretty easy to do an then all you need is a good mapper
Old 26 October 2009, 04:58 AM
Green_Goblin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brashy
ive got a 94 classic an ive got a front mount fitted a 255 fuel pump hks induction kit, full de-cat exhaust an a apexi ecu an a safe 1.24 bar of boost an im getting round 320bhp but i would defo go for the esl chip put in your ecu coz the apexi has limits thats 1 of the things im doing myself soon getting rid of the apexi, all this stuff ive fitted myself with a little help from the net its all pretty easy to do an then all you need is a good mapper
Could you enlighten me into what limits the Apexi ecu has??? Im away to be running over 500bhp on my one so dont know what you mean by your comment there???
Old 27 October 2009, 01:48 AM
brashy
Scooby Regular

you are limited with your boost the apexi will only let you boost to 1.2 bar were is with the esl chip you can get rid of the maf sensor an you can get higher boost but you carnt do that with the apexi all in all the esl is alot more flexable the only good thing with the apexi is the info that the commander shows you
Old 27 October 2009, 04:59 AM
Green_Goblin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brashy
you are limited with your boost the apexi will only let you boost to 1.2 bar were is with the esl chip you can get rid of the maf sensor an you can get higher boost but you carnt do that with the apexi all in all the esl is alot more flexable the only good thing with the apexi is the info that the commander shows you

Ive never heard so much gash in all my life, who told you that needs a slap!! I am currently running 1.55bar of boost on my apexi power fc mapped by Andy Forrest and just changed my engine to a CDB 2.1 stroker build from Alan Jeffery and when its run in i will be going to Andy Forrest again to get it mapped to 2.1Bar of boost!!!!!
Dont come out with comments like that unless you have the know how to back it up!!

Jase