Notices

ANYONE WITH CLIFFORD 650 AND HKS TURBO TIMER ABLE TO ARM WHEN TT COUNTING DOWN !

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2009, 12:02 AM
supernovauk
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ANYONE WITH CLIFFORD 650 AND HKS TURBO TIMER ABLE TO ARM WHEN TT COUNTING DOWN !

Ive got a clifford 650 with intellistart and a hks type 1 turbo timer all installed working fine apart from the annoying thing that you cant arm the car and lock the doors with the keyfob while the tt is counting down you have to wait for it to finish counting down before it will arm,I have seem alot of posts mentioning relays and stuff but none work is there someone that has this setup and can actually arm there car while its counting down please let me know its driving me mad.

93 wrx import
Old 27 October 2009, 12:57 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

I've got a similar setup with a 650 and I can arm the alarm from the fob while it's counting down ..... it does sometimes disarm itself when the tt finishes though so it's b*gger all good It's a good thing in a way though cos it means you can't get done by plod for it I suppose .... still annoying though
Old 27 October 2009, 01:30 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

bin the turbo timer and just take it easy on the last leg of each journey..
Old 27 October 2009, 12:42 PM
supermo
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrighty338
bin the turbo timer and just take it easy on the last leg of each journey..
Whats wrong with turbo timers??
My 97 Type R has one(cam eith the car), dont use it all that much as I have the same problem where can't arm the car while it's counting down. But have a differant alarm system!!
Old 27 October 2009, 06:40 PM
Robbied
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep same on mine, Toad Ai606 alarm and HKS turbo timer, if you arm the car/lock the doors when the TT is counting down, it will unlock the doors once the TT has finished and stops the car.

I guess some kind of diode between the IGN system and the TT could prevent this. Would need some time to figure that out though, and yes, its annoying....!
Old 27 October 2009, 07:32 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by supermo
My 97 Type R has one(cam eith the car), dont use it all that much as I have the same problem where can't arm the car while it's counting down. But have a differant alarm system!!
nowhere in my post did i say there was something wrong with them...

however it looks like theyre causing you all problems when it comes to arming your alarms you dont NEED one...so why not get rid and just be sensible on the last leg of your journey..
Old 09 November 2009, 10:47 AM
leescoobynut
Scooby Regular

all i do is set the intellistart first take key out then press intellistart button as you would to turn off car then your turbo timer will start to count down then you can arm your alarm and it will just turn off when turbo timer is finished and doors will stay looked
Old 09 November 2009, 02:11 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

you need the clifford turbo timer that gets programmed into the intellistart. Then you press a combonation of buttons before you turn off the ignition and arm the alarm.

As Wrighty says, just drive the last mile sensibly. Turbo timers are a waste of money imo.
Old 09 November 2009, 03:18 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by supermo
Wrighty is spot on. There's nothing "wrong" with them other than that their primary purpose on a car like the Impreza seems to be to separate the easily led from their money, rather than any actual mechanical benefit.

As you and Supernova ably prove, they can easily conflict with alarms, and the bottom line is that they're simply not the best way to cool the engine, assuming you have a standard-ish car with a watercooled turbo. A couple of minutes "normal" driving after giving it some should be more than enough to dissipate any excess heat energy through the cooling system. And, actually driving, with air flowing through the rad and all the way around the engine compartment will cool all the bits (inc exhaust manifold, downpipe, brakes and all the other stuff that gets hot) far more effectively than leaving the car at a standstill with a little clock counting down.