Notices

overboost problem continued on my00 uk

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2009, 12:15 PM
phill 147
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question overboost problem continued on my00 uk

right i am still trying to solve overboost issue its boosting 1.2bar when booted then hesitates and drop back to0.5 bar then carries on up down etc.
i have changed pipes from solenoid to actuator t piece and checked the rest they seem fine
i today connected hose from compressor with resticor in to actuator and blanked the solenoid pipe of then went for road test which the boost stayed constant at 0.5bar only when foot to floor so what would that eliminate in the circuit and what else would i need to check solenoid clicks but unsure if works properly,what about pac sensor,map sensor,temp sensor,or ecu .
I am going to check what ecu i have in car any ideas what version i have and how would i know if its been chipped just trying to eliminate other poss
Old 03 December 2009, 12:33 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phill 147
i today connected hose from compressor with resticor in to actuator and blanked the solenoid pipe of then went for road test which the boost stayed constant at 0.5bar only when foot to floor so what would that eliminate in the circuit
From this you know that the wastegate actuator is working properly. All other causes remain on the table.

and what else would i need to check solenoid clicks but unsure if works properly
You can check the solenoid by taking it off its mount plate, putting the ECU into test mode (connect the green under-dash plugs only and switch on ignition), and then blowing through it. As it clicks you should alternately be able to blow through it, and then not blow through it.

If you haven't already done so it would be well worth taking the pipe that runs between the solenoid and the turbo inlet pipe off and making sure you can blow through that without restriction. If there's oil or other gunk in it, spray it out.

what about pac sensor
Pac sensor?

map sensor,temp sensor,or ecu .
It's possible for it to be the MAP sensor. If you've yet to do so it would also be well worth cleaning and pressure testing the pipe runs between the inlet manifold and pressure source change solenoid, and the short piece that goes between the PSCS and the MAP sensor.

It's unlikely to be the ECU itself (although not impossible), while it's always, assuming you've not had the car since new, possible that there's a third party piggyback device of some sort mucking things about.

I am going to check what ecu i have in car any ideas what version i have
Should be a green label Y7 in big letters, 22611AE802 in small.

and how would i know if its been chipped just trying to eliminate other poss
If it had been EcuTeKed there would be nothing physically visible to let you know. However if this had been done chances are you'd already know about it. Piggy-back devices are always a possibility. If you see any little boxes that look like they've been tacked onto the loom next to the ECU, just take some photos and post them up.

Incidentally Phil, from this point forward is there any chance you can keep further discussion of this problem in this thread rather than starting a new one every few days? Splitting up discussion of this issue in multiple different places makes it more difficult for us to help you effectively, as we don't have the benefit of being able to scroll up the thread to remind ourselves of the story so far.
Old 03 December 2009, 02:55 PM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree with Splitpin in that it sounds like the MAP sensor is the issue. Turbo oscillation can also be caused by a weak or broken actuator spring or perforated diaphragm.

If you have no boost leaks at all and the Electronic Boost Control Solenoid is working OK then it's unlikely to be a MAF sensor so back to the MAP sensor.
Old 05 December 2009, 12:26 AM
phill 147
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

ok i have now fitted a second hand boost solenoid,map sensor,and pac sensor,lambda sensor,new maf sensor replaced some hoses on pressure side i had spare but car still overboosting checked ecu is a y7 looks like it has not been tampered where do i go from here apart from a subaru dealer or tuner the only thing to check is pressure to solenoid
Old 08 December 2009, 07:08 PM
phill 147
Scooby Regular

Question checking pressure

ok still trying thing out i connected green wires together and felt solenoid and that was clicking very fast
i connected a guage between the solenoid and air filter side would i be able to read anything or would the air coming through be too small as i went for road test and got car overboosting but nothing was moving on gauge
Old 08 December 2009, 08:13 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the bottom hose on boost solenoid goes to inlet and side pipe to t piece.
The pipe fron t to actuator has a small restrictor pill in, check it is not blocked