Notices

wrx intercooler into classic?

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2009, 04:49 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx intercooler into classic?

hi peeps.just got a 2003 wrx intercooler and dump valve to fit in my 97 uk classic.
has anyone on here fitted one?
the guide on this site shows a straight swap but what about the valve by the tb???
Old 03 December 2009, 04:54 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Is there enough space to fit the newage dumpvalve above/behind the idle speed control valve? If there is that's the way to go as the newage DV is a better design. In this case you can get hold of a newage recirc pipe to plumb it back to the turbo intake.

If not, you'll have to make up something that adapts the existing DV pipework to the newage flange - or else get someone to weld on a takeoff similar to the original IC.
Old 03 December 2009, 06:02 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

the new age dv bolts directly to the i/c not going to chop up and mess around with ali welding etc...
only fitting as was meant to be straight swap according to technical post on here.will just sell it and get proper up-rated tmic.
Old 03 December 2009, 09:01 PM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

fitted one on a 94'wrx and that was a right chew
Old 03 December 2009, 09:15 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

might try putting an extension in the y-pipe and the hose to the t/b and extend it out an inch.should be fine then.the d/v comes off the intercooler at quite an upwards angle so might only need a small gap.
do the new age imprezas have the same valve in the same position???if they do then it should fit.mines a 97 uk where the coil pack is in the middle not the right hand side of the inlet manifold.
Old 04 December 2009, 12:16 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I fitted a Newage WRX IC and DV to my V5 STi. Have a look in my Pictures.

The DV from a Newage sits quite close to my Coil Pack.

On a Classic the DV pipe is in three pieces and exits the DV from a different side to a Newage. bends under the IC then connects to a metal pipe then a short rubber pipe to the Turbo Induction Hose. There is not much room underneath if you run it parallel to the metal pipe.

The original metal pipe is bolted to the underside of the Inlet Manifold and helps to support the fuel rails. As I was repainting the inlet manifold at the same time I was able to remove it and run the normal Newage DV hose straight to the Turbo Induction pipe.

I also modified a Newage Undertray to get the full benefits of the extra air flow and space.
Old 04 December 2009, 12:59 PM
rifleman
Scooby Regular

i have got a new dump valve to be fitted as well and the pipework is already done underneath and bung added as already have d/v fitted.its the valve with the pipe that leads to the induction after the maf that is the problem as it joins right by where the d/v will sit.can i re-route this pipe and twist the outlet from the valve downwards so i get clearance?
any help or advice greatly recieved.

if it goes pete tong will have mint newage wrx intercooler and new d/v for sale ha ha ha.