boost problems

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2010, 11:28 PM
peteman79
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost problems

howdy

i have asked my friend who is now a subaru owner to join this so i can post a question ...hopefully iam asking in the correct section etc!

anyways as i know rally cars and iam the owner of an old grp a rallly car(sorry its a mazda gtr)

he thought he would bring the car to show me it etc
its a 2003 wrx with prodrive pack (what these mods are i dont know guess factory chip )

i had a little look around the engine bay i noticed the vacum hose from the actuator had a crack which would clearly loose vacum ...as i investigated the vacum hose route it came a few inches back to a t piece ...at the t piece i noticed another section of the vacum lines had been cut and had a 6mm bolt screwed into the hole ....then as i then told him this would also affect the boost as vacum would be lost !...as i looked around i notice another hose that had a pop rivit jammed up the end which looks like it routes back to what i would call the boost controll solenoid ...n/s/f inner wing bolts to the suspension turret
i changed the the hose to a samco breather that i had ...now the section i removed had a restrictor inline ..which i know is common never had one to restrict the pipe i repleced the broken one with ...cut a long story short he called me within 20 mins of leaving saying much better car etc ...which obv it would have to be but then he called me later to say engine management light came on ....overboost ?...sure there would be less boost with no restrictor ?
also the car has be de catted and no re map will this be causing over boost and possibly previous owner has cut the boost solenoid?
dont know the car as he has had it a week ...also not played with subarus for a while
i know the management light stayed on for a day then has now cleared ?...would this be a lambda/de catt enduced problem ?

any info is really appreciated