Notices

help needed please

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2010, 05:45 PM
tomtit88
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed please

can anyone tell me why my car starts pissing out of oil when it get hot cause the other day was giving the car some and when i got to 4th gear at about 5k the car loost all boost then put it into 5th and nouthing and it was splutering and all sorts pulled over and there was oil cumming from everywere so next day took boost pipes off and intercooler and i coulnd find a thing so i put it all back started it when started it runned mint no nocks bags or ticking but a lot of smoke from the backbox but with no oil leeking so i drove it down the road and it was splutering and smoking like mad and it wernt hitting boost so i got bk and when i puled over the car was running fine but when i let it idle for 2 minn then the oil came pissing out so what can this be so after that i took off the turbo and there was all oil in there and in the boost pipes and the oil drain pipe under the turbo was all loose so i dont know if that caused it to leek or not so has any 1n on her ever had this problem but remember it leeks when it gets to working temp thanks tom

Last edited by tomtit88; 20 May 2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 20 May 2010, 09:17 PM
f4la k
Scooby Regular

If the drain under the turbo was loose, once the oil warmed up it would leek more. I would pull the induction hose off and check your turbo...
Old 20 May 2010, 10:58 PM
tomtit88
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f4la k
If the drain under the turbo was loose, once the oil warmed up it would leek more. I would pull the induction hose off and check your turbo...

turbo is fu*ked i took it off and is full of oil but i was told yesterday that the pipe under the turbo dont have pressure going throu it but if it is pressure going in to the turbo im sure it is coming out in pressure but is there any other oil pipes on the car that runs throu the front like by the uo pipes
Old 21 May 2010, 07:42 AM
STI_Baly
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an oil cooler I would check the hoses on that. Further to this check the oil feed into the turbo at the top this pipe should then tap in to the RH cylinder head check thoroughly.

Oh and get some pictures of the turbo up on here in particular the exhaust housing turbine wheel side also look for movement or scouring in both housings to quesstimate if the bearings may be knackered.
Old 21 May 2010, 04:17 PM
tomtit88
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI_Baly
If you have an oil cooler I would check the hoses on that. Further to this check the oil feed into the turbo at the top this pipe should then tap in to the RH cylinder head check thoroughly.

Oh and get some pictures of the turbo up on here in particular the exhaust housing turbine wheel side also look for movement or scouring in both housings to quesstimate if the bearings may be knackered.

the turbo is defo gone cause there was oil in it but do you think the oil leek could be somthing to do with the pipe under the turbo