Notices

Changing front pads

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2010, 08:31 PM
the_baz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing front pads

I wana change my front pads on my rb320 and haven't done it before. I've watched it be dun many times before and looks fairly straight forward just would like advice and if it is fairly easy. Thanks. James
Old 01 June 2010, 08:36 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have the right tools & good working space then its easy.
Old 01 June 2010, 08:42 PM
the_baz
Scooby Regular

I don't need ne special tools though do I. Just basic tools ???
Old 01 June 2010, 09:13 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very easy on the Brembo's.
Pull out the little spring clips from the retaining pins. Push out the first pin whilst pushing the anti-rattle spring to relieve friction. Push out the 2nd pin. push the pads apart slightly to give some 'wiggle' room. Pull out the pads along with the backing shims.
Brush out any brake dust and clean with brake cleaner. Lever the pistons into the caliper (watch the fluid level in the master cyl.) Put the shims on the new pads (arrow in direction of rotation) Insert pads with a little copper grease on the backing contact points. re-assemble spring and pins and replace the clips. Pump brake pedal to set the pads. can all be done with just a pair of pliers and screwdriver to lever the pistons back.

JohnD
Old 01 June 2010, 10:01 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Very easy on the Brembo's.
Pull out the little spring clips from the retaining pins. Push out the first pin whilst pushing the anti-rattle spring to relieve friction. Push out the 2nd pin. push the pads apart slightly to give some 'wiggle' room. Pull out the pads along with the backing shims.
Brush out any brake dust and clean with brake cleaner. Lever the pistons into the caliper (watch the fluid level in the master cyl.) Put the shims on the new pads (arrow in direction of rotation) Insert pads with a little copper grease on the backing contact points. re-assemble spring and pins and replace the clips. Pump brake pedal to set the pads. can all be done with just a pair of pliers and screwdriver to lever the pistons back.

JohnD
Just to add to that before starting remove the resovoir cap and put some rag round it as it may spill over when you push the pistons in