Notices

hesetation gone but now no power?????

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2010, 01:18 PM
paulscoobycallum
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesetation gone but now no power?????

posted my problem with hesetation on my 99 uk turbo 2000 was told by a few helpfull members it was my bailey d valve. i do have a standard one now but need to find the rubber hose that goes with it, while trying to locate one i was told to clean the boost selenoid and boost pipes. since doing that the hesetation has gone but now my car feels alot slower so i have tried to turn up the actuator but it makes no difference to the power turned up or down. is it the actuator ?????? i have double checked ive put all pipes back properly any help plz
Old 03 June 2010, 03:00 PM
scooby72
Scooby Regular

If you bought a second hand valve it could be leaking and not clamping the boost so well??
Old 03 June 2010, 03:15 PM
paulscoobycallum
Scooby Newbie

hi mate i have not put the standard valve on yet as i dont have the rubber pipe. theres only a short samco hose with a blank thats not long enough. the bailey d valve is quieter now i dont think im getting as much boost. but hesetation has gone. i just cannot understand it i have only cleaned the boost pipes and boost selenoid. got rid of the hesetation but now feels like a non turbo ????? thanx m8
Old 03 June 2010, 05:00 PM
scooby72
Scooby Regular

Which hose is missing bud - I dont quite follow....
As the actuator is not making any difference I would say it could well have something to do with the boost control - just not sure what - someone Im sure will post up soon.
Do you have a boost gage on the car?
Old 03 June 2010, 05:56 PM
paulscoobycallum
Scooby Newbie

when i bought the car it came with a bailey dump valve fitted. and i did not get the standard recirc valve with it. i have just bought a standard recirc valve gone to fit it and noticed the rubber hose that goes from dump valve to engine has been replaced with a short samco hose with a blanking plug. i dont have a boost gauge so i cant tell what the boost isthanks
Old 03 June 2010, 06:01 PM
scooby72
Scooby Regular

Think Im with ya - the return hose is blanked yes - the one that goes back into the intake?
Unless the bailey is totally shagged I would say the boost control.
Could try joz - I seem to remember he was helping someone with boost control the other day.
Sorry I cant be more help bud.
Old 03 June 2010, 06:04 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Paul, when you say you've turned up "the actuator", what actually is it you're adjusting here? Can you post a photo? Are you talking about taking off the actuator arm, loosening the locknut, shortening the link and putting it all back, or something else?

Also, when you cleaned the boost pipes, did you take the air restrictor out of the one between the compressor outlet and t-piece? If so, is it possible you forgot to put it back?

The comments of the others regarding the dumpvalve are also worth taking on board, although if the boost was okay before you cleaned the pipes, but gone completely afterwards, it is unlikely that the DV is causing the fault.

Worth getting hold of and setting up a boost gauge, even temporarily.
Old 03 June 2010, 06:06 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You havent messed with the T-pipe with the Pill Restrictor in have you.....???

Not sure of your spec but if the pill is missing you will be running on Actuator boost only, I know the Bugeye onwards this can happen. Some engine builders will take the pill out for a good few miles to run the car in, you get no boost.
Old 04 June 2010, 11:08 AM
paulscoobycallum
Scooby Newbie

hi all have just noticed that i had put the selanoid pipes on the wrong way round. have now put them back and my power is back but so is the hesetation. i shortened the actuator bar by undoing the 10mm nut and turning the end to shorten it,. was told the spring may have gone weak??? have checked and there is a pill in the t piece. i think my next step is to find a hose to connect standard dump valve. does any one know where i can find the u shaped pipe for sale near stockport. thanks again lads