Notices

boost problems

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2010, 10:04 PM
mightyK
ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost problems

hi people im having a few issues with my car boosting properly...

at the moment it is struggling to hold any boost wat so ever it just bout gets to 0.4 bar..

now ive chched all the intercooler pipes for leeks, changed my inlet pipe as that had a slight rip in it, changed the boost solinide, changed the maf sensor, changed the air flow meter..

when dricing u can here the turbo whistling away but still no boost an now im a bit stuck on what it could be

the car is a v4 sti with a vf35 turbo, the problem came about when i was getting on the motorway and it lost all power like a intercooler pipe had come off but when checked everythinkg seems to be fine...

can anyone help?
Old 20 July 2010, 12:53 AM
rogos
Scooby Regular

reset the ecu and take it for a spin, this is what i used to do with mine until i found out that the maf was goonered and causing the ecu to cut power. did you fit a new maf or a second hand one?
Old 20 July 2010, 09:43 AM
newman90
Scooby Regular

might be worth checking your turbo mate, make sure nothing has passed through it.. also check the oil / water feed pipes . could also pos be an actuator fault.
Old 20 July 2010, 11:10 AM
mightyK
ACCOUNT UNDER INVESTIGATION

ill try re setting the ecu and see if that helps.

ive checked the turbo and it seems to be fine.. do u no if the actuator are the same on the vf24? if so can i use that one as i have a vf24 in the garage...

no mate it wasnt a new maf it came off a working car.. i swapped it for mine to see if mine was working or not.. and im still getting the same problem

ive taking the boost pipes off to see if i get full boost but its still the same, its not boosting
Old 20 July 2010, 06:20 PM
Mrchips
Scooby Regular

Might be a crack in turbo, just by actuator. Found out that this is a problem on these.
Old 20 July 2010, 06:44 PM
dave12345
Scooby Newbie

Yup i second that, i had the same problem on my last car. Tried everything, turned out i had a massive split down the back of the turbo. The whisleing is due to the gasses just passing through the wastegate. Hope it is something more simple for you like a melted or deteriorated hose.
Old 21 July 2010, 03:40 PM
rogos
Scooby Regular

ive just remembered a friend on kent scoobies had this problem and it was caused by an internally collapsed exhaust silencer it took him ages to find out what caused it does you car sound any quieter at all?
Old 21 July 2010, 03:42 PM
rogos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dave12345
Yup i second that, i had the same problem on my last car. Tried everything, turned out i had a massive split down the back of the turbo. The whisleing is due to the gasses just passing through the wastegate. Hope it is something more simple for you like a melted or deteriorated hose.
yes this is also a very likely possibility seen as it is a vf series turbo i will post some pick up of what happened to my vf turbo in the morning.