Notices

MY05 WRX Exhaust fitting

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2010, 06:59 PM
Monkeychops
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 WRX Exhaust fitting

I recently bought myself a Prodrive backbox to replace the standard WRX pea shooters.

Now it's fitted (and looking/sounding a lot better) I notice that the fit doesn't look quite right.

The rear left exhaust bush is sitting as if it's being pushed back, i.e. it's at a 45 degree angle rather than straight.

Now the car has a towbar fitted, and what this means is the exhaust mounting bar on that side of the exhaust (the bit that's poking through the rubber mount) is just tapping a bit of the towbar and it's making lovely noises rattling around

I've refitted the backbox and can't see a way I can get things to sit how it appears they should.

So my questions are, should this rear exhaust bush be sitting straight rather than at an anlge, considering I've got a towbar on?

And secondly I understand that having a tow bar removes the standard mounting point for the rear of the exhaust. What is this part called and does anyone have a part number/price as I'd like to get the towbar off (previous owner put it on).

Also has anyone got a picture of where their centre pipe meets their down pipe/cat on a newage so I can make sure that things are ok at this end?

Cheers!
Old 20 August 2010, 06:14 PM
Monkeychops
Scooby Newbie

Bump for the day, someone must know what part I'm talking about
Old 21 August 2010, 01:38 PM
Monkeychops
Scooby Newbie

And again for a Saturday afternoon, just the part number or details on the exhaust mout/hangar badly needed!

Have emailed a few impreza parts websites but no one's got back to me, surely this can't be something no one knows about

Will have to make the trip to the local dealer 15 miels away for a chat I think