HKS SSQV adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2010, 09:01 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default HKS SSQV adjustment

And no,im not putting th re-circ back on

Its the older one,with the adjustment screw on the back.

now,if its undone all the way,you can push the internal bit all the way in,so its dumping the boost at partial throttle repsonce due to very little vaccum required to pull the internal part back.

Adjusted all the way in requires alot of vaccum (full throttle shutoff) to pull the internal part back to dump the boost (excess)

so,which is better,im guessing the latter as you dont want all the boost created to be dumped (for the dumpvalve fans anyhoo) at low throttle requiring build up again

i have just adjusted it so its not fully screwed in but a smidge undone so i can still push the internal part back but it stops (against the adjuster block inside) at a few mm
Old 02 January 2012, 11:11 AM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to bump this as I've got a similar question. Love the fluttering noise from mine but could just do with it being a bit louder, and I've had a look and it's already got the purple adaptor fitted!
Old 11 August 2014, 12:11 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bumping this as ive just dissasemlbed the HKS and the adjuster screw on the back doesnt actually do anything ?!?!?!?

Basically, the screw goes into an alloy circular block which the diaphragm hits which determines how far back the diaphragm goes, BUT, the alloy block is threaded so screwing the bolt all the way in just screws into the thread all the way, unscrewing as far as you can reduces the amount the the block has the thread in but either way, nothing changes !?!?!?!

if the alloy block wasnt threaded and MOVED if screwed in or out i can see it working, but it doesnt lol, stays in the same place, just either gets its thread filled with the bolt or not , weird lol