Notices

what boost should i run

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2010, 11:57 PM
mazmike
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what boost should i run

i have a new 2.1 running 1.5 bar @410 with a sc46 turbo what do you think i can take the boost to and that do you thick the bhp will be thing of 1.8 bar
Old 25 October 2010, 10:24 AM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

The boost levels rely on so many things mate, intercooler, Induction, Injector duty cycles, fuel you run etc etc.
Old 25 October 2010, 10:49 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

jesus mate. you have just put a new 2.1 stroker in with a new billet turbo at considerable cost. do you not think it would better to ask a reputable mapper these questions than on a forum. you will get 100 different answers on here and while some on here are very knowledgable there is no substitute for experience. is there some reason why you cant ask the mapper who mapped it to 410? don't read too much into rolling road figures quotes on here. it's how the car feels on the road. if you have a genuine 400hp then it will be very fast.
Old 25 October 2010, 10:55 AM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

yeah i agree with the above and also might it be worth letting the engine stretch its leg before more power before, you might want to speak to your mapper or engine builder/mapper before you hunt for more power as there might be a reason why your mapper/builder has just gone to this level
Old 25 October 2010, 11:24 AM
mazmike
BANNED

i am going to do what my mapper says i was hopping some body has done this set up .and what they are running .to give me some idel.going to do 2000+ miles before up boost just can wait ,using it every day just to get miles on the clock martin jeffery map it done a smashing job
Old 25 October 2010, 11:31 AM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

you cant wait fo more power is 410 not fats enough some people are just so greedy lol your be in safe hands there with them guys
Old 25 October 2010, 12:09 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Not every turbo makes vast amounts more power if you crank up the boost...

dunx
Old 25 October 2010, 12:13 PM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Had my 2.1 stroker with SC36 mapped on Friday by Martyn. Excellent job with nice flat torque curve. Would definately speak to Martyn before you change anything. (he's not there this week)
Old 25 October 2010, 12:30 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Not every turbo makes vast amounts more power if you crank up the boost...

dunx
Agree with dunx, they all have an upper limit and after that they just become inificient and run way to hot and start to give you lesser power figures.

As said before the mapper is the best person to talk to
Old 25 October 2010, 02:24 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mazmike
i am going to do what my mapper says i was hopping some body has done this set up .and what they are running .to give me some idel.going to do 2000+ miles before up boost just can wait ,using it every day just to get miles on the clock martin jeffery map it done a smashing job
again, not wanting to **** on your parade but there comes a time when you can have too much horsepower to be used for the road safely. learn to drive the car with 400 hp. you nearly have to unlearn what you were taught. your driving style needs a slight adjustment. gone are the days of racing ford focus drivers, rep mobeels, citroen saxo and corsa drivers. why would you even try to show these ***** how fast your car is? why would you destroy your engine proving something that we all know to be true.

i am not saying you dont have a blat now and again but with 400 genuine horsepower there are very few cars on the road that are going to touch you.

before you apply the loud pedal just think how much you have spent on your new engine. that has been the biggest factor in slowing me down. at the end of the day are any of these ****** going to put their hands in their pockets if you throw a rod or spin an end bearing.

Think about it.

sorry for being a grumpy owl ******, but every ****** wants to race you and it gets tedious after a while. red light grand prix get boring after a while.

Last edited by bigsinky; 25 October 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 25 October 2010, 02:33 PM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Agree with everything said above. Mine made 330BHP which is plenty for road work. Nice flexibilty down at low rpm as well. Felt the **** twitch (the car not mine) this morning accelerating through a bend.
Old 25 October 2010, 02:45 PM
5parky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
again, not wanting to **** on your parade but there comes a time when you can have too much horsepower to be used for the road safely. learn to drive the car with 400 hp. you nearly have to unlearn what you were taught. your driving style needs a slight adjustment. gone are the days of racing ford focus drivers, rep mobeels, citroen saxo and corsa drivers. why would you even try to show these ***** how fast your car is? why would you destroy your engine proving something that we all know to be true.

i am not saying you dont have a blat now and again but with 400 genuine horsepower there are very few cars on the road that are going to touch you.

before you apply the loud pedal just think how much you have spent on your new engine. that has been the biggest factor in slowing me down. at the end of the day are any of these ****** going to put their hands in their pockets if you throw a rod or spin an end bearing.

Think about it.

sorry for being a grumpy owl ******, but every ****** wants to race you and it gets tedious after a while. red light grand prix get boring after a while.

best thing i've read in a while.
Old 25 October 2010, 03:20 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MalcB
Agree with everything said above. Mine made 330BHP which is plenty for road work. Nice flexibilty down at low rpm as well. Felt the **** twitch (the car not mine) this morning accelerating through a bend.
i dont pretend to be any sort of driver, but try that at 130 on a bend on the mountain road going up to Jurby in the Isle of Mann. New cacks for me. A pant wettingly scary moment I can look back on it now and laugh but with great power comes great responsibility. these cars tend to flatter a lot of drivers (me included here) and with big power they have a tendancy to bite your arms off if not treated with respect.

So much torque makes acceleration fierce and you find yourself coming into corners at 100+ mph that other cars would be coming into at 70mph. braking points have to change, reactions times need to sharpen, driving style needs to change. these things for me will not change as i am old and decrepid now, but for young 'uns who drive everywhere, the vast majorityy of the time, at warp speed, it will end in tears if they don't learn to treat big power cars with respect.
Old 25 October 2010, 03:42 PM
MalcB
Scooby Regular

Old git here as well. As you say a lack of respect will end in tears. Havn't done many miles since remap but already recognise the need to think well ahead and not to feed in the gas too harshley on corners.
Old 25 October 2010, 04:58 PM
The Gaffer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mazmike
i have a new 2.1 running 1.5 bar @410 with a sc46 turbo what do you think i can take the boost to and that do you thick the bhp will be thing of 1.8 bar

Hi,

thought we had explained all that here.........

https://www.scoobynet.com/799025-sco...better-39.html

Cheers
Kev