Notices

Water leak. Oh bugger.

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2010, 07:02 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak. Oh bugger.

Noticed yesterday a spec of water on the floor in my garage when I went to put my car away when I got home from work last night.

Thought I'd check my water levels. Was a little low but nothing to serious. So topped up with water with around 85ml/100ml. Pumped the top rad pipe and levels of water moved. So went in side.

I thought at first it was from the heater matrix pipe as I had to move them slightly to allow the FMIC pipe work on.

However, driving into work this morning noticed a faint smell of coolant. So sparked a *** and had a look.

Went under the car and noticed about the size of a 2p coin spot on the floor coming from the back of the engine pretty much below the turbo. Took a further look around the area notcied some dried up coolant. How old or new it is I couldn't tell you. All noticed some dried up coolant on the back of the block by the gearbox housing.

I'm thinking the pipe on the turbo could be leaking a little? But if it is not the pipe would it be say a washer gone on the turbo cooling pipe?
My pipe on turbo to header tank is just heater pipe as I couldn't get a new pipe at that angle due to the MD321T so is being held on with jubilee clips and to be honest don't know if I can make them any tighter.

Noticed every now and then mostly on days of when the ALS is used on hard drives a bit of coolant on the header tank by the turbo pipe to overflow. Any ideas?

I check things like overflow tank etc regular so want some input ASAP.

We are down to one car at home at the moment as I broke my misses windscreen and they turned up with the wrong windscreen yesterday so need this sorted ASAP.

Cheers
Steve
Old 26 November 2010, 10:25 PM
maydew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check metal water pipes on turbo (bottom one) has not rubbed away on the gearbox casing ,did you remove any metal from the casing on fitting your turbo ,if not check clearance