Notices

boosting problems still maybe map senser???? anyone got any help to my other add.

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2011, 04:21 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosting problems still maybe map senser???? anyone got any help to my other add.

hi again as to my other ad someone just told me it maybe my map senser or throttle senser is there anyway ov testing them before i go out and buy new ones for it.i went out this morning in the car and it run perfect again for about 10mins then the boost dropped again and wouldnt go past 8psi even if i thrash it like that it just wont go past.does that mean that it going into safe mode or is it just naft lol. cheers oh and there is no codes showing thats the annoyin thing.
Old 23 February 2011, 08:19 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not seen the other post yet.

What car? Model

What year?

If the ecu detcts det due to crap fuel or unmapped for mods it will pull the boost fown to try and save the engine.

What fuel?

What mods?
Old 23 February 2011, 10:40 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Hiya mate try and have a read ov my other post it tells more ov wot the car does.but anyway its a 1995 m reg wrx wagon and mods on the car are only a d-cat pipe and an aftermarket dumpvalve and k&n.now the chip in the ecu I haven't a clue wot it is or anything about it it was in my mates wrx when he bought his and it run perfect and was boosting 16psi with no problems but his had a td05 on mines got a td04 but still it run perfect in mine but i turned the boost down to 12psi just to be safe and its been fine for about 5 weeks now when it was in his he used 95 or 97 fuel and never missed a beat so I have been using it 2 and mine hasent missed a beat till the other day when this problem started it just dropped and doesn't go above 8psi and when it does it the sound ov the exhaust is differant aswel its like its going in to safe mode or something but leave it for a bit and it runs fine for a while.I have just been out in it now well to the pictures and it has runs and boosted perfect but I really don't no how long for.
Old 23 February 2011, 10:44 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

so you have
A: decatted it
B: fitted a chip from a car running a different turbo
C: running it on any old fuel.

Not really surprized you are having issues.. next will be engine rebuild required.

remove the chip, use decent fuel (shell vpower) and you should be okay.

Simon
Old 23 February 2011, 10:59 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for replyin so quick mate.I have tryed puttin 20quid ov vpower init on an empty tank and it still did it its just weird how it run on my mates car for nearly 12 months on **** fuel and on mine for 5 weeks wouldn't it just do it straight away when I put the chip in?I forgot to say that I put a bozz speed chip into it aswel the other day just to see if it sorted it but it did the same thing? Cheers again. Matthew
Old 23 February 2011, 11:04 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

but the other car has a different turbo.. you cant just play around and change the map for one for a different turbo.

it is also possible you have damaged something in the last 5weeks hence it is now not driving correct.

Simon
Old 23 February 2011, 11:13 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Arhhh right I just thought if it run ok keep it in lol ups if I go back to my standard ecu will it be ok to turn up the boost on the actuator to at least 1bar cos it runs 7psi when its in and feels slow as ****?and my mate just said the chip said toshiba on the top ov it if that helps what chip it is.
Cheers matthew

Trending Topics

Old 23 February 2011, 11:33 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

toshiba make microchips.. not maps..

no it won't necessarily be safe at that no

Simon
Old 23 February 2011, 11:39 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Why on earth did I say toshiba what a dumb a s s lol sorry mate I ment fujitsu haha soz pal.so turnin my boost up on standard ecu is a no no aswel? So really I just need to upgrade everything then I.e injectors fuel pump thinkin ov puttin a front mount on aswell ect ect then get it remapped.