Notices

running fault

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2011, 11:33 AM
polley1979
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running fault

hi all , i have got a 1994 scooby 2000 awd uk, it has an uprated ecu td05 turbo , blitz boost control, decat , 308bhp and front mount inter cooler . i have been on b4 regarding this fault , what it is when vehicle warm and reaching boosting point i get hesitation/spluttering turbo not kicking in . a few people said it was air leak or poss turbo actuator fault , havent found air leak . any way i recently had to do a long 2hour trip , now on the way as soon as it got warm it starting faulting but near the end of the journey i feathered the throttle at boosting point on and off trying to force it and it cleared and i was ok boosting the rest of the way ( car hot after long journey). the next day on return journey car was boosting fine all the way home happy days great fun . question if it was air leak surely it would fault every time , would it be fair to say it more sounds like something sticking (turbo actuator?) also today out for about half hour car hot and fault starts again but i have heard a relay clicking type noise from under steering wheel when fault happening (not all the time ). what realy bugs me is that it can play up with in half a hour of driving it yet i do a 2 hour journey and it s fine all the way . sorry for big discription thanks any ideas?????
Old 23 May 2011, 01:28 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by polley1979
i have got a 1994 scooby 2000 awd uk,
Really, is it a Wagon?

it has an uprated ecu td05 turbo , blitz boost control, decat , 308bhp and front mount inter cooler .
What is the ECU? Do you have a print out for the 308bhp??

i have been on b4 regarding this fault , what it is when vehicle warm and reaching boosting point i get hesitation/spluttering turbo not kicking in . a few people said it was air leak or poss turbo actuator fault , havent found air leak . any way i recently had to do a long 2hour trip , now on the way as soon as it got warm it starting faulting but near the end of the journey i feathered the throttle at boosting point on and off trying to force it and it cleared and i was ok boosting the rest of the way ( car hot after long journey). the next day on return journey car was boosting fine all the way home happy days great fun . question if it was air leak surely it would fault every time , would it be fair to say it more sounds like something sticking (turbo actuator?) also today out for about half hour car hot and fault starts again but i have heard a relay clicking type noise from under steering wheel when fault happening (not all the time ). what realy bugs me is that it can play up with in half a hour of driving it yet i do a 2 hour journey and it s fine all the way . sorry for big discription thanks any ideas?????
Do a diagnostic check/ECU reset?
Check the plugs and coil packs?
Clean the BCS and 'all' the associated plumbing?

Last edited by Glowplug; 23 May 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 24 May 2011, 12:04 AM
polley1979
Scooby Newbie

yes i do have print out for 308bhp and no its not a wagon , ecu reset ,i take it that just a case of disconnecting battery ?
Old 24 May 2011, 12:56 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

yes i do have print out for 308bhp and no its not a wagon ,
Be interesting to see that if you can post it up.

ecu reset ,i take it that just a case of disconnecting battery ?
No, it's a case of doing an ECU reset, so the ECU can self check and log any errors and help you diagnose your problem.

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/ecu.asp.htm