Notices

IM GUNNA NEED SOME HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2011, 09:26 PM
thatguy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation IM GUNNA NEED SOME HELP!

ok first off i know that its probably posted somewhere in here but i dont wanna go hunting for it anyway here goes
ive got a 97 subaru impreza 4 door sedan 2.2L NA
just bought it and i love it already one problem it looks like **** NO theres no rust no dings it just lacks that beast vibe that i got from a wrx ive spent hours combing the web tring to find performance parts, new hoods or scoops, even rims(im not shelling out $1000 for rims) but from the looks of it my car is overshadowed by the wrx i know there are parts out there but i just cant find them can anyone help a fellow subaru driver???
Old 03 September 2011, 09:44 PM
scooby2010.
Scooby Regular

try ebay m8
Old 03 September 2011, 10:03 PM
beanys
Scooby Regular

Not A good start really if you carnt be botherd to use the search
Old 03 September 2011, 10:48 PM
wr pete
Scooby Regular

Hi mate try this site if you are from the US http://forums.nasioc.com/ most people on here are Uk Euro.
Old 04 September 2011, 01:43 AM
thatguy
Scooby Newbie

Default thanks

ok to the guy that replied second i used the search bar to try and find it but i got 0 hits i figure that there is probably a reply somewhere in the system but it would take me all day of browsing the forum to find it

and this ones at the third guy thanks for the web site this one might work out my main problem is that im not a car smart person (hence that fact i joined the infantry) i know a few things and i got plenty of friends that know there stuff but they are the kinda people that work on Chevy's no one around me really knows to much about the boxer engine except that is a bitch to work on. and second part of that problem is well ive gone to .....25 different import tuner and subaru websites and every time i type in my Subaru all i get is shifter ***** and exhaust clamps
so i guess what i need to know is what model Subaru parts will be compatible with mine im talking small time turbo (less than 7lb of boost) air intake catback exhaust and body kits if someone could snap out a quick list that would be awesome

oh lastly quick shout out to all the redcoats i ran into the SAS in Afghanistan a few times they do good work save my *** once so you guys are all right in this "yank's" book
Old 04 September 2011, 06:34 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

boxer engine except that is a bitch to work on.
there is a lot to be said for working on the LS series engines. plenty of room, simple design. but don't write the boxer engine off. yes there is two of everything but it is actually a pretty nice engine to work on when you get to know how it works. just take your time and find yourself a good subaru mechanic. worth his weight in gold.

and second part of that problem is well ive gone to .....25 different import tuner and subaru websites and every time i type in my Subaru all i get is shifter ***** and exhaust clamps
That's gonna be a problem for a NA model. most of the parts will fit but tuners deal so little with NA models as they are so hard to make any power out of. my advice, get her looking good. good wash, clay bar, great wax. refurb the rims, look at a boot spolier and an ally bonnet with a scoop, maybe a WRX interior. next you will want to alter the engine a wee bit. notoriously hard to make any gains in a NA car but you could look at breathing mods, exhaust mods, fuelling mods.

Don't let the "turbo" gang look down on you. get on over to NASIOC and find out if there are any meets in your area. get out to them and speak to some people. enjoy your car for what it is. don't go chasing unattainable power figures as this will seriously lighten your wallet for very little gains.

Last edited by bigsinky; 04 September 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04 September 2011, 07:41 PM
thatguy
Scooby Newbie

Default another question?

i got the car from a place called Wheelworks in dubuque Iowa they do work on all cars but they prefer Subaru and one of the mechanics there told me that i could yank a turbo off of a wrx and it will bolt on but he told me that i should keep it at 7lb of boost or less is that true?