Notices

Newage wrx- fitting boost / volt / water guage

Search this Thread

Old 04 September 2011, 05:54 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newage wrx- fitting boost / volt / water guage

Guys recently picked up three Prosport gauges that were originally bought a few years ago via a group buy here on scoobynet, so okay have recently bought a two guage side pillar pod to fit to my 2005 blobeye wrx with the intention off fitting the boost guage into and also have the choice off fitting either the water temp guage or battery volt guage.

now to be honest not overally bothered about which one off the others I have fitted so just really looking to find out which out off the water temp guage / battery volt guage is going to be the easiest to fit ??

also anyone here who has fitted prosport guages offer any advice on what one requires the least amount off additional hardware / work to fit ??!!

lastly going back to the boost guage , any advice re. fitting to a newage ?? what hardware will I require/ what goes where and easy enough to bring the wiring into the side pillar ??

any advice re the above would be great as to be honest not very sure where to start and its one job I would like to have a go myself !!

p.s the prosport guages okay in terms off accuracy etc, anyone else remember this group buy for these guages- smoked face type.

Last edited by jono300; 04 September 2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04 September 2011, 08:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Wiring is relatively easy, there is a grommet just under the brake master cylinder.

Voltmter is dead easy to wire, but TOTALLY useless.

Water temperature is better, more accurate than the one you have, but to be honest, you'd have been FAR better with both oil pressure and temperature.

If fitting the w/t gauge, you will either lose the car's OE one, or have to buy an adpator to put the OE one in the tophose. I have done the latter, as I found the "dead" OE gauge very disconcerting.
Old 04 September 2011, 09:38 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Hi there and first off all thanks for the advice unfortunatly still slightly confused !!

okay the turbo guage has 6 coloured wires comming from it :

white / orange / yellow / red / black and green - help ??!! any info what hardware I would require for the engine bay when fitting this type off guage ??
Old 05 September 2011, 12:37 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay just found the sender unit plus associatted wiring, I take it all I require now is suitable tubing to fit on the T piece and then on into the back off the sender ??

anyone any advice re the 6 coloured wires ?? as I say fitting the guage to a blobeye so be great to here from anyone who has fitted one off these guages to same model off car.