Silicone inlet pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2011, 06:46 AM
Finbin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silicone inlet pipe

Hi

Was going to post this Saturday, but got caught up in the red snow plough saga, which has more twists than an alpine road and is still going.

Bought an Eclipse performance silicone inlet pipe, good price and quick delivery. Anyway I fitted it last week, how anybody does this without removing the inlet manifold is beyond me? Luckily my engine is out of the car and on an engine stand. There is not much room to fit it between the manifold and fuel pipes.

Then I fitted the power steering pump and reservoir back on, the outlet is even closer to the pipe.

Will this cause me any issues when I came to fit it back in the car and connect it?

Cheers
Old 08 November 2011, 08:15 AM
eclipse performance
Former Sponsor

Hi Finbin. Your right, it is tricky to fit!! It looks like you have managed OK though.

You shouldn't have any problems reconnecting your power steering lines. They are designed to be as big as possible to allow maximum air flow so although tight- everything will go back on.

If you have any problems let me know!
Old 08 November 2011, 08:54 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What model year car did you fit it to , I have fitted samco inlet pipes to both my MY 99 car & current MY00 car and took no longer than 15 mins both times. It is a bit fiddly , but once the power steering pump is moved to the right , it's no problem. Glad you got it sorted and once back inthe car it should be sound
Old 08 November 2011, 09:43 AM
Finbin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
What model year car did you fit it to , I have fitted samco inlet pipes to both my MY 99 car & current MY00 car and took no longer than 15 mins both times. It is a bit fiddly , but once the power steering pump is moved to the right , it's no problem. Glad you got it sorted and once back inthe car it should be sound
Sorry should have said, the engine is out of a MY98 (late 98) and going into a MY99.

I don't think anybody could have fitted one of these without removing the inlet manifold and I had to trim about an inch off the hose connecting it to the dump valve. Like eclipse performance said "They are designed to be as big as possible...."

Did you fit your samco without removing the manifold?

Don't get me wrong it did not cause me any problems, but if you are thinking about fiting one yourself, bear that in mind.
Old 16 December 2011, 04:37 PM
Andy1899
Scooby Regular

When removing the inlet manifold are there any gaskets that have to be replaced (MY97/98)?

Does anyone know if there's an installation guide on SN?

Would prefer mounting the pipe without removing the inlet manifold and i've read there's a few people (more) who managed it without removing the inlet manifold.

Any help's welcome!

Cheers,
Andy
Old 16 December 2011, 05:07 PM
oiler
Scooby Regular

Got one to fit my 2006Sti.
What have you done with the aluminium inserts which are all loose in mine
Do they need sealng with some sort of sealant?