Notices

electrical problem...........need help

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2011, 10:58 PM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default electrical problem...........need help

Right I have a weird one but hopefully someone can help me, I was changing the speedo cable on Thursday (putting a converter in) which didn't work (but that's beside the point), but it's when I noticed the abs light was on when I turned the car over so I thought I'd have a look later on when I had some time. But since then I've noticed that my reversing lights don't work, neither does my demised and heated mirrors, and neither does my windows. Now I've done the obvious and checked the fuses but can't find any for the windows and the one for the demister seems ok. I had a look at the big relays but they seem fine and I can't think of any thing else to do

Any ideas would be fantastic guys

ive had this in the electrical forum but its been suggested that i put it in the General section

here are the answers ive had so far from Alcazar

Originally Posted by alcazar
Does sound like fuses. Especially since w whole raft of things have gone down since your little bit of work........ This is on a bugeye WRX, yes?

There are fuses, afaik, both inside the car, driver's side under dash, and in a dedicated fusebox under the bonnet, n/s.

You need someone with a manual to identify WHICH fuse.

THEN, you MUST remove that fuse and check it with a fuse tester, continuity tester, multimeter set on resistance, etc. NO GOOD just looking.

And relays are unlikely to be your problem unless you managed to totally disturb a whole bunch of them. They rarely fail unless damp gets inside them.
Originally Posted by alcazar
Mate, you can't trust a blade fuse to be OK just by looking.

Put up another post specifically asking for info on your fuse boxes if you haven't a manual.
I'd put it in Scooby Related.
Old 12 December 2011, 12:59 PM
sedge69
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorted believe it or not it was one 15amp fuse by the driver that looks after all that lot
Old 12 December 2011, 02:58 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Can anyone with a bugeye actually show him what fuses are for what circuits and where they would be found?
Thank.