Rear box help type uk

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2011, 08:09 PM
hairdye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear box help type uk

Guys
I need some advice if possible. Im wanting to change the back box on my 03 sti type uk but im struggling to even know what to look for.
if i change the back box do i need to re map the ecu? might seem a daft question but i have no idea.
What size will my exhaust be 2.5 or 3" and will any back box fit as long as its the same bore?
Lastly when i had my classic i had a full system built but to be honest it nearly blew out the eardrums once i went over 60 (good way to keep the speed down) i want a nice sound but not too over the top it makes it unpleasant to drive.
Ant ideas.
cheers
Old 12 December 2011, 08:18 PM
chaps1536
Scooby Regular

i got a back box fitted from powerflow. Stainless steel wit lifetime warranty and you can tell them what you want it to sound and look like.
Old 12 December 2011, 08:29 PM
skins
Scooby Regular

if you go for a back box there is no need for a remap, you only ever need a remap id you start messing with the cat, if you got a standard system it will be 2.5".
Old 12 December 2011, 08:30 PM
master yoda
Scooby Regular

Default Exhaust rear box

Hi ya, if it's just a rear box you are after you won't need a re-map, only if you go for a complete system. To be happy with the noise levels you can go for the more production type of box i.e pro-drive or STI , also Hayward and Scott make a great rear box which a nice noise, but Ninja, Afterburner and those types are more for street cars and are noisey! Those that I mentioned are about on this site in Subaru parts section and on Ebay, and are reasonable in costs, anyway Good luck.