Notices

Starting to play need direction

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2012, 11:23 PM
furkinfunscoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to play need direction

I fell in love with subaru after driving one 3 years ago whilst test driving various value for money performance cars. I bought a wrx my54 in black and had change to upgrade parts. To my horror I ended up having to get an engine rebuild after only having the car for 3 months. My change plus extra had gone.
Since the rebuild I have been saving hard to start on my project again. I have limited experiance with car maintenance however with the help of you wonderful people on this site I have serviced the car, changed my disc's & pads, radiator & hosing, exhaust down pipe & back box also installed a dump valve and cleaned/dressed the engine bay up.
The car has just passed m.o.t. however got an advisory on drop link bar and advised to replace both at the front. With the age of the car I think the wise thing to replace next is the suspesion set up. I also don't like the huge clearance from the wheel to the arch. My wonderfull wife is going to buy me some new wheels for my birthday. I have also saved £1k.

The question is guys what suspension parts & what wheels or do I replace the drop links and spend on something else ?
Old 01 February 2012, 11:53 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

I can only speak for myself but bc coilovers are very popular at the moment and a great entry coilover at a good price. I managed to track some down on here actually, RM series, they are great! Really night and day compared to the standard wrx springs. So I would recommend them if your in the market for some.

As far as wheels go.....well again personal preference really. I started with the standard wheels and after a few different looks over the years I've finally got some PFF's (18's) which look great imo. Have a look at my pics if you want some ideas.

Good luck with it all!
Old 02 February 2012, 12:04 AM
furkinfunscoobydoo
Scooby Regular

Thanks your wheels look good, I will look into the coilovers
Old 02 February 2012, 12:58 AM
w44syf
Scooby Regular

bc coilovers +1, id go for upgraded anti roll bars 22front,24 rear,cdf droplinks

best handling mod iv had, coilovers and anti roll bar

Last edited by w44syf; 02 February 2012 at 01:00 AM.